Weekly Photo Fun 4-2/4-8

hey bud.... it's his railroad, his standards... I like it, so to each his own...

(you find me a prototype for a 44 tonner sporting a purloined -9 AC unit...)

DSC06287.jpg
You're absolutely right,

these rivet counters need to go work for the actual railroad. Model railroading is supposed to be a hobby. A hobby is supposed to be fun and to keep someone busy in the free time. If Jeff wishes to weather his cars the way he does, I see nothing wrong in that. Infact, I really like the one they are cryin over. If someone wants to add in a "hey this technique helped me if you want to give it a try" post, i have no problem with that. I weather all my N scale, and they are not 100 percent proto, as well as I make my own graffiti with Sharpie fine point markers. Heck, I love the 44T with the dash9 ac unit on it. Just yesterday I took an mdc roundhouse N scale tanker, made it into a fuel tender for the norfolk southern. did they have any of these? NOPE! CSX, BN, SP, all gave these a try on their roads. BN using theirs the longest for long haul runs from the Powder River Coal facilities to everywhere without having to stop for fuel! I have included a pic, but note, it isnt finished yet. still needs hazmat placards and some weathering with odds and ends decals.

I have one comment/suggestion for Jeffery.
1. you need to paint a block on the side with car number and Data. I guess it could be any color you desire but your freight will get lost without visible markings. Other wise keep doing your thing.

My 70Tonner arrived today to assist the 44T... and the lights will work while the engine wont move an inch...

Working with the seller and then with bachmann if that angle don't work...

Edit:

it just stared working... I'll check for a loose wire or something while I'm painting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're absolutely right,

these rivet counters need to go work for the actual railroad. Model railroading is supposed to be a hobby. A hobby is supposed to be fun and to keep someone busy in the free time. If Jeff wishes to weather his cars the way he does, I see nothing wrong in that. Infact, I really like the one they are cryin over. If someone wants to add in a "hey this technique helped me if you want to give it a try" post, i have no problem with that. I weather all my N scale, and they are not 100 percent proto, as well as I make my own graffiti with Sharpie fine point markers. Heck, I love the 44T with the dash9 ac unit on it. Just yesterday I took an mdc roundhouse N scale tanker, made it into a fuel tender for the norfolk southern. did they have any of these? NOPE! CSX, BN, SP, all gave these a try on their roads. BN using theirs the longest for long haul runs from the Powder River Coal facilities to everywhere without having to stop for fuel! I have included a pic, but note, it isnt finished yet. still needs hazmat placards and some weathering with odds and ends decals.

Well I'm the one who said it, and I DO work for the actual railroad. I've been a conductor for BNSF for 15 years, thats why I said I've never seen anything like that. Oh and if you paid attention, I'm not a rivet counter either, I currently model 3 rail. I switched a ton of cars in the yard today and didn't see a rail in the middle of any of the tracks I was in! Do whatever the hell you want, I don't care, but why get all pissy over some sarcastic criticism. Lighten up, have a beer, get over yourself!

if your going to get into this would you mind starting a new post because last time i checked this was weekly PHOTO fun

alright alright... enough's enough...

y'all come on down to the Bar Car, and have a round or two...

Drinks are on me!!

Sorry don't drink, unless there might be some good ol southern style ice sweet tea.

If you can't brew a good pot of southern sweet tea, you do not work as a cook on the Texas and Gulf Coast Railroad...

so, yea... there's plenty to be had here!!

If you can't brew a good pot of southern sweet tea, you do not work as a cook on the Texas and Gulf Coast Railroad...

so, yea... there's plenty to be had here!!
Southern sweet tea. One of my favorite drinks, though these days I have to have it with artificial sweetener.

he he...

This conversation just made itself into a scene on the club Railroad someday...

The Club Car. A retired TX&GC club/bar car turned into a local watering hole... the sign by the road with be a club with wheels... the Club Car!!

(and yes... LIIT will be served as well..)

alright alright... enough's enough...

y'all come on down to the Bar Car, and have a round or two...

Drinks are on me!!

I totally agree. Maybe what I said shouldnt have came out so harsh towards the gentleman. If the drinks are on you, then I am there! LOL heres some pics to add to the WPF! Apologies to ol' three railer Laidoffsick and the rest of the members who had to hear me rant. I just felt like if jeffrey wanted to do what he did with his cars, we all could just enjoy it or leave it. Constructive criticism never could hurt, but being blunt and downing someones work, not cool. I do agree with one poster, keep them cars numbered or you may lose track of them on the layout. I learned that before! LOL Oh, btw, I know I gotta fix the brow of the lead loco. I mistakenly painted it black and realized it should be white down to the window!!

Quietstorm, consider turning off the flash and putting a couple of lights to the sides. It will make the pics look much better.

Yes, I used fine point sharpies on the centerflow. I bought a 5 or 6 pack at walmart for like 6 bucks.

Hamltn, yeah, i wasnt too happy with the flash, it wasnt coming out good either way with it on or off. When I build my layout, it will have good lighting above it. I want the pics to look prototypical of railfanning pics.

Still playing with Photoshop trying to get Thee photo for the end of my Photography clinic.

LocoF20LowLight6Smokeaw.png

Back