Weekly Photo Fun 4-2/4-8

P1010665.jpg

Blue the onlt problem I see is that you need to turn back the clock about 60 years and put a Berkshire in the place of 6365. Other than that looooken gooood man.

Jeffery Nice touch on the Box Car.

Blue the onlt problem I see is that you need to turn back the clock about 60 years and put a Berkshire in the place of 6365. Other than that looooken gooood man.

Jeffery Nice touch on the Box Car.
Thanks. I don't have a Berkshire but I do have a Blueline M1a that rarely comes out. Hmmm good idea :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm just playing with this and learning what I can do with all the problems I have. Keep in mind that I don't use enamel paints but use latex. That presents a few problems with airbrush use. It's not impossible but the paint has to be very well filtered before use. At present I'm using just a brush and a paper towel with a limited choice of colors.

Actually that was the point in my How-To, in that I only used a couple of cheap acrylic paints from the arts and crafts retailers, some rubbing alcohol, and a couple of brushes to create a very realistic weathering job without much effort. No airbrushes and nothing fancy.

I'll have to look at that when I have more time and see how well it can work with latex paints. They can sometimes be a bit picky.

LOL to be honest I never knew it had a number on it before you pointed it out. I'm actually playing with camera settings to find the right combination for my layout. After you posted I also noticed that the caboose doesn't have kadee's on it yet. That will change very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been getting settled back in my hometown of Houston, TX, and have joined the local club down here, The All Points North Model Railroad Club. Once again, no home, and no job... but I'm already in the RR club (priorities, priorities...)

http://www.allpointsnorthmrrc.org/index.htm

So here's a few pics of the new digs:
DSC06242.jpg

The TRE makes a stop at Port Keechi with borrowed power.

DSC06285.jpg

The Bay Bayou and Gulf picks up an empty heavy duty flat from the docks.

DSC06265.jpg

An excursion train enroute to Conroe.

DSC06202.jpg

A WSOR switch job passes through Burnito.

The APN operates under CTC during operating sessions with a computerized dispatch board, but without a dispatcher, they just run block signals. I'm in the process of adding resistors to most of my rolling stock to accommodate the signaling system on the APN.

Fresh from the paint shop, here's a Dash-8 on the road crossing at Middle Heights (detail parts to be added):

IMG_3360.JPG

Gotta love top speed. I do want that EMU. It is a great looking model.
It is a really good model - the details are quite something. And it runs so smooth (even on my dodgy track).

My only criticism (and it is a minor one) is that I can't separate the connectors between the engine unit and the first carriage. The 2nd carriage and the end unit separate fine but the other two just seem to be stuck - I just don't want to try "brute force and ignorance" as they're after all only plastic couplers.

4494530102_3b5e9b042d.jpg

So I now have to store those two in a separate box. Not a huge hindrance, but just an observation.

And here's an attempt at an arty shot of the train proceeding at speed through the station.
4494530144_d8d99f51d4.jpg

Back