Weekly Photo Fun 30 Apr-04 May '10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey I do agree with Trucula there is a serious problem on your layout. I would suggest a dehumidifier. Also There are several guys on here which have scrap yards and steel mills on their layouts who could probably assist you.:)

I know you live on the gulf coast Jeff... but it's pretty bad when your PLASTIC starts to rust :D:D

Yeah, well you know me. I refuse to have brand new shiny stuff on the layout. Even the newer stuff has been hit with a coat of Clear Flat to kill the gloss.

i was just wonderin in tryin to get the trucks off an kato sd40 and i cant figure it out any suggestions

Nice little passenger operation you got there.

Thanks I was running the cresent and a member was running his surfliner amfleet sepcial with a PV in the rear, there was also the San Joquain but we were hold up for 45 smin. As we had to wait for a coal train to pass us.

im aware of the fact that this is the wpf thread i meant to attach pics just a project im workin on thought id share

Thanks I was running the cresent and a member was running his surfliner amfleet sepcial with a PV in the rear, there was also the San Joquain but we were hold up for 45 smin. As we had to wait for a coal train to pass us.
Wait a minute. I thought that passenger trains had priority on all North American railroads. So how were you waiting for a coal train?

Law of Gross Tonnage:

several thousand tons of freight moving the wrong way gets priority over soft, pink, squishey cargo anyday...

Well see the lay-out we was running on is a single track. There was a coast starlight in fornt of the coal drag from Up than in frnt of the coast starlight was a derail Pennsy passenger. It was an interesting night. But it was really fun running on a lay-out under construction. I am goin to post a picture of my Crescent highballing from the Hills

im aware of the fact that this is the wpf thread i meant to attach pics just a project im workin on thought id share

I and almost all have no problem with the post. We just don't want anyone to feel ignored because no one responds to their post. That can easily happen when you post in a thread that is intended for something else. Even with pics it's best to just start another thread.:)

Law of Gross Tonnage:
several thousand tons of freight moving the wrong way gets priority over soft, pink, squishey cargo anyday...

haha... now in California on the San Joaquin line the soft squishy cargo comes in quite a few more shades of color... not that it makes a difference as far as train priority... though on-time performance has gotten better the last three years due to a drop in the amount of freight. Once while riding the San Joaquin I was talking with a guy whose friend was a railroad worker that would buy and sell stocks based on the length and types of freight trains he saw. :D That was in 2006, he's either broke or happily retired now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back