Weekly Photo Fun 30 Apr-04 May '10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No progress to report. But I did wake up to a display of my wife's sense of humor. I found it to be quite comical as well.

mrrshowlocos001-1.jpg

i would love to see these running down a nice layout or even sitting in the crates with my collection lol. i still in the collecting stage but i have lots of goodies

Thanks but my fleet is goin thru the super detailing phase right now. 394 is the locomotive I run at my club til I get finish designing my diorama

V&AL, nice roundhouse shot. Believe it or not, I was in Cheyenne in 1970, when I think that shot could have been duplicated with the real engines.

Tom, that is a huge building. I'm assuming that it wasn't one kit. What did you use to kitbash it together?

Damien, those KCS hoppers sure do look nice. I wonder why KCS doesn't use the same paint scheme on their locomotives? I always thought the gray scheme looked like primer that someone forgot to finish. :)

Trent, what are those outside braced boxcars in the last photo? They look like Pennsy auto cars with the opening ends.

Scorpions, I think I recognize that layout from and Atlas plans book. :D You planning to put down roadbed for that track?

Aaron, LOL, I think that was the guy who planted the car "bomb" in Times Square.

Lester, Beautiful loco but the plastic coupler just screams out. Need kadee's. ;)
Adurbin, good to see achmed the terrorist get his :)

Jim, Thanks for the compliment... That's at my newest club... My equipment except for the DD-40.

The KCS DOES have a complimentary paint scheme, I shot this returning home from chasing the 844 down into Harlingen...

DSC06663.jpg

Jim these are old round house cars that I found on ebay. they came with everthing but the wheels and weights. these will end up decaled in Illinois Central auto cars as soon as I can find out what font to use and buy some decal paper to print on.

Damien, whatever that train was, it was on UP rails south of Victoria, TX. Single SD70's fore and aft... The grain cars were interspersed with grey ones... it wasnt solid...

my comment not my Locomotive. GN.2-6-8-0 Is the proud owner of that beauty. Here is mine and yes it does need new coupler.

7440ed29.png

Oops I didn't notice you were using his post as a quote. :)
Either way leaving plastic couplers on a fine loco is like sending your kids out with BoBo sneakers :D.

Scorpions, I think I recognize that layout from and Atlas plans book. :D You planning to put down roadbed for that track?
Definitely from the Atlas book, but with a few modifications ;)

Roadbed eventually. I have to go slow as money comes slow. I will eventually use the foam roadbed. I also want to replace all of the track that is not n/s. I have a ways to go on that.

A couple of shots of the progress on the boiler house for the Cranberry Iron in Sn3. The boiler house only has upper walls and roof so all of the interior detail needed to be included. Note on the first shot the open mud drum being cleaned out along the the open flue access on the back of #2. There is a walkway just under the round holes on which I am planning on adding a couple of men cleaning out these flues. The large pipe over the front is the exhaust pipe which bends underground for its travel to the 175' tall main stack. The small pipe over the center of the boilers is the main steam pipe which makes a turn and then travels overhead to the compressor building.

Damien, whatever that train was, it was on UP rails south of Victoria, TX. Single SD70's fore and aft... The grain cars were interspersed with grey ones... it wasnt solid...

That Train was probably G-MXKC the empty grain train waiting to head on to the KCS Rosenburg Sub. And the Grey Hoppers you saw were probably the the still unpainted KCS Sbelle Hoppers. As KCS Got more those Trinity Hoppers theres some still roaming around unpainted I happen to be modeling one of em.

WOW Jeffery!! You really need to fix your leak in the ceiling or adjust that air conditioner!! You equipment is rusting away!!
Always enjoy your updates! Keep up the good work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back