Weekly Photo Fun 3/5 - 3/11

Been working on the first stove for the Cranberry Iron works. First shot shows the hot blast exit piping and its assorted valves. Second shot is of the cold air inlet piping. Last shot is of the stove top showing the flue cleaning device.

Got the new shelves up in the hallway finally. Too cold and rainy to paint the baseboard so this will have to do instead. Yes it's 3 rail... and I hope we don't have a big earthquake now, I might have to cry!

EnginesI.jpg

PassengerCars.jpg

Matt... the shelves are machined aluminum with raised rails for the wheels to sit on. They come in HO, O G and a cpl different combo options.

Adam...this display system is desinged not to use plexiglass, nor to have sides. The shelves actually angle back towards the wall just a bit to prevent anything falling off.

I just finished the Walthers refinery kit on Sunday.
This was a fun kit to build, and I enjoy the results. I did do some lite weathering of the structure, nothing to heavy. Just a used look. It will be joined by a few other kits on the layout to hopefully create a convincing complex.
View attachment 19133

View attachment 19134

View attachment 19135

This last picture I'm particularly proud of. It's just after I installed it on the layout. To get the smoke unit to work properly was a bit of a challenge, but I managed.
View attachment 19136
... Just kidding. ;)

Josh: That pic of the Southern Pac 7370---who made that---I can't read the ding note there! Amazing workmanship there!:eek::)

Overall that must've been one peach of a show:D:D---what was the attendance like?

Josh: That pic of the Southern Pac 7370---who made that---I can't read the ding note there! Amazing workmanship there!:eek::)

Overall that must've been one peach of a show:D:D---what was the attendance like?
That's actually the note for the models on the opposite side of the table.

Here's more of Tory (Tony?) Franks models:

rpm_sb2010_31.jpg

rpm_sb2010_32.jpg

rpm_sb2010_34.jpg

I just finished the Walthers refinery kit on Sunday.
This was a fun kit to build, and I enjoy the results. I did do some lite weathering of the structure, nothing to heavy. Just a used look. It will be joined by a few other kits on the layout to hopefully create a convincing complex.
View attachment 19133

View attachment 19134

View attachment 19135

This last picture I'm particularly proud of. It's just after I installed it on the layout. To get the smoke unit to work properly was a bit of a challenge, but I managed.
View attachment 19136
... Just kidding. ;)

Ron, what scale is that refinery please?

Thanks! I have the same kit but N scale. I like the way yours turned out, am about to start on mine. Looks great!

New little brick pump house that I finished today. Walls are N-Scale Architect O scale brick, it is layered on the cornice and base to get the "ornate" look of the 1900's. Individual wood shingles on the roof. Door is a modified Grant Line piece which is shown partly open with hinges/latch and handles added.

Very nice work. Love every part of it. Well done.

Some awesome pictures guys!!

Adam...that cow would fit in just perfect up here in Wisconsin.

Josh...looked like a lot of great fun at that meet.

Back