Weekly Photo Fun 3-27/4-02

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
DSCN0848.jpg

This is an HOn3 derelict tunnel portal to add some "history" to a transition era standard gauge layout.

Got these progress photos from one of my clients showing how the scenery is coming along around the stamp mill that I did for him last year. The mill stretches nearly 10' from the white mill office building past the lower tram house to the main building. I am really impressed with the way he has blended the siding tracks into the scenery with the rails nearly covered with soil. This layout is On30, the scenery still lacks the bushes and trees along with most of the fine details.

Got a Spectrum 2-8-0 this week. It ws painted in C&O. I have been changing it over to IC #906 This pic shows the decals without a flat coat of sealant so excuse the look around the decals. I have built up the tender sides lastnight and should have some better pics of 906 later this weekend

IMG_1743.png

IC_906Bloomgtn55.png

Gramps, another great shot. I really like the muddy look on the ties and rails. That's how I remember most mainline track when I was a kid in Ohio.

Matt, that layout may need some more detail work but he's done a fine job with the tracks. In all the pictures I've ever seen of the D&RGW NG, it's tough to follow where any side tracks go because they are always sunk in the mud. Your structures look really good on the layout.

Gary, nice shot of that engine coming out of the tunnel.

Jeffrey, there are some huge germs of some kind attacking your coupler! :) That camera has a really good macro mode.

Trent, good job on the Consolidation. Now you need to replace those Bachmann classification lamps with those strange IC versions with the visor in the front. I always thought that was one feature that made IC steam engines stand out.

Play ball

Just putting the finishing details on the park, so here are a couple of shots.By the way this is my first attempt at making fall trees in a large mass.
Mike:D

John, that's a nice looking engine and turntable. The cut cord wood looks excellent.

Mike, looks like fall to me. :) The baseball field came out real nice. Those are the kinds of details people like to look at on your layout.

Mike: That's a good looking park you've got going there. Looks like the same batch of kids that are playing baseball in my park. Boy, they get around!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
DSCN0946.jpg

DSCN0947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How close is close? This is an axle end bearing on an HO SD40-2.

DSCN0903.jpg

Not bad for a camera that cost me less than $100 new. It's a Nikon CoolPix L18.

Busy day today, I do like Saturdays !!!

Some work on the tin roof and the back wall

STA52541.jpg

A new car from my Dads collection, it mid repaint at the moment

STA52539.jpg

And the big new addition, the water tower

STA52546.jpg

STA52547.jpg

STA52551.jpg

John

Not much to show. I've finally got some trees made and ready to plant. I've started my power plant and my coal unloader and some more track down. Just ignore the mountains =) I'm gonna beef them up alot way to flat right now. Update on the MRC Prodigy Advanced 2 prob. I sent it backto them, I was notified from USPS they recieved it on Tuesday and it was friday afternoon before the guy even got it in his office. I sent him a few emails and I guess he went looking after them becuase he said they didn't get it in the mail till Friday morning I'd say they misplaced it. =) Guess well see how that goes.

Not much to show. I've finally got some trees made and ready to plant. I've started my power plant and my coal unloader and some more track down. Just ignore the mountains =) I'm gonna beef them up alot way to flat right now. Update on the MRC Prodigy Advanced 2 prob. I sent it backto them, I was notified from USPS they recieved it on Tuesday and it was friday afternoon before the guy even got it in his office. I sent him a few emails and I guess he went looking after them becuase he said they didn't get it in the mail till Friday morning I'd say they misplaced it. =) Guess well see how that goes.

GEDC0394-1.jpg

GEDC0396-1.jpg

can't get that close unfortunitly :/. i think my cameras made for landscapes. but anyway, heres a pretty good close up i got on vacation.

CruisePicturesKenneth09063.jpg

...and another

CruisePicturesKenneth09061.jpg

sorry about the off topic/fruity pictures but, i cant get any close ups of trains! hah, like i said, i think this is a general landscape photography camera. i've caught many of sunsets and mountains with my camera but never a macro that close Jeff.

Back