Weekly Photo Fun 3-18/3-24

Jeffery,

If you don't mind giving away trade secrets, what do you use for the background on your layout, they llok like photographs and if so is this something you do, or buy? it looks great.

Devon
Not at all. It's a three piece background I bought from Busch through Walthers. I think I must have gotten the last two sets as Walthers hasn't carried them since. Faller Gmbh has a nice three part background if you like low mountain terrain. Detail Associates has their Rail-Scene series of backgrounds but these are small and look better if they're mounted against another background surface. Walthers has the 'Instant Horizons' series which are fairly good. They're on sale for $10 each right now and measure two feet by three feet.

Not at all. It's a three piece background I bought from Busch through Walthers. I think I must have gotten the last two sets as Walthers hasn't carried them since. Faller Gmbh has a nice three part background if you like low mountain terrain. Detail Associates has their Rail-Scene series of backgrounds but these are small and look better if they're mounted against another background surface. Walthers has the 'Instant Horizons' series which are fairly good. They're on sale for $10 each right now and measure two feet by three feet.

thanks its been to long sine I have had a layout and now that I am sarting out again I am finding things I didn't know existed. I'll have to give these a look.

Jeffrey, does your L&A own any rolling stock? Might be interested in equipping my railroad with a boxcar or two.

P1011450.jpg

It's not really that big. That entire park is on a 21" x 24" piece of foam. The main part of the layout is 7' 8" x 6' 5" with an extension that measures 4' 6" x 3' 5".

Added a fisherman to my creek crossing before Tuckerton.
A birds eye view of Tucketon on right.
Also started my tunnel area between the bridges. I dont have alot of space but using the wall to make a ridge line it seems to be working well. This will help hide part of the layout also. I am making the shell from cut foam and rasped the edges round with wire brushes. More layers to be added and plaster cloth.

Back