jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
DSCN0467.jpg

Jeffrey, Good way to start the week....

All I got to show off is a (more or less) clean workbench:

Workbench08w.png

Workbench06w.png

Workbench07w.png

WOW Ray, you put some time into clean up on the bench!..Looks great...I love peg board!...I was wondering where you put everything but then in last picture I see the waste can full!!..LOL...Nice job!
Love the signs Jeffrey.

DJ, it surely is a beefy engine, ain't it?:D Nice photo.

Mine shows another beefy beauty, a softly lumbering J hisses and chuffs quietly past two yard hands as they play checkers under the noon sun.

Jshackstack1finaljpres.png

Off to a great start I see!
Ray be carefull... I cleaned up my bench too and can't find a damn thing now!!:rolleyes:
I haven't done anything myself this week so I'll recycle previous photos.
These are from a run night at John Longhurst's (M&M Sub) when Jason Shron (Rapido trains) brought one of his Turbo Trains to show off.
Not the best pics, didn't have the digital that eve.

A unit grain train cruises along the Puget Sound heading for a nearby export elevator. A young BNSF is leasing as much MRL power as it can in the mid-1990's. OMRS is having a open house tomorrow as part of a Olympia Open House & Operations Group layout tour. So I went down this afternoon to setup this train and prep the layout for the show.

attachment.php

Been doing a bit of scenery work and getting some turf put down using the same methods I learned reading Kalmbach books many years ago.

Prepare the surface.

Paint surface.

Apply ground foam while paint is wet.

Simple, fast and effective. Additional scenery elements can be added later with a little alcohol and glue. I'll be doing more of the same today.

P1011430.jpg

P1011424-1.jpg

P1011431.jpg

P1011432.jpg

Nice start guys!
AWESOME AS ALWAYS: DJ, Crandell, Rico.
Ted: Great waterside shot!...I like the rock bank.
URI: Thanks for puttin the penny there! Really puts it in perspective.. WOW thats a great amount of detail for something that small. Great work!
Nice shots too from Kevin and Jeffrey.
I have a cheap cam but playing with some close shots in areas of my layout that are close to ready. Don't mind the focus.
This is a shot of freight waiting on passenger service to clear the block on the overpass at Tuckerton.

I picked up these Athearn Conrail F's from a friend for ten bucks yesterday. The powered unit is a great runner and puller and I like the dummy unit too. I'd really like to ditch the Conrail Shells for two Norfolk & Western shells.

1648-D.jpg

1648P.jpg

Fresh from the paint shop (Paint and decals courtsey of jbaakko)

The dynamic duo!
IC&E 5040 and DM&E 5042
IMG_20110320_121810.jpg

IMG_20110320_121956.jpg

IC&E 5040
IMG_20110320_121831.jpg

DM&E 5042
IMG_20110320_121822.jpg

First pull of these units
IMG_20110320_121848.jpg

NOTE: These units were custom painted and decaled for my Model Railroad. Not actual units.

Comments Welcome!

Back