Weekly Photo Fun 3-18/3-24

A unit grain train cruises along the Puget Sound heading for a nearby export elevator. A young BNSF is leasing as much MRL power as it can in the mid-1990's. OMRS is having a open house tomorrow as part of a Olympia Open House & Operations Group layout tour. So I went down this afternoon to setup this train and prep the layout for the show.

Nice power line up and scenery FF:cool:

Last night I added a few more details in the Engine House. They were the suggestion of a friend from the museum who is also a fine modeler. Here is the lathe in the main room. Added some metal fillings/shavings (made with a numbered drill in the Dremel and a hunk of non lead metal weight I have). Also fabricated a "project" for it. Now I just need to paint and add a few tools and find an HO worker to be working the lathe...... Has to be someone back in the 1920's though.

BranchEngineHouseBelt19w.png

The Bay Bayou & Gulf has moved to the Tacoma Northwestern Railroad Model Club.

Here the BB&G SLT (Special Loads Team) eases a 32 axle load through Goochville:
IMG_1829.jpg

(that's the Bachmann China Schnabel car... from Hong Kong via ebay...)

Later on the Indianola Turn crosses over the daily mixed train at Bridgeport:
IMG_1824.jpg

A few decades later, the Acela makes the same stop:
IMG_1834.jpg

Fresh from the paint shop (Paint and decals courtsey of jbaakko)

The dynamic duo!
IC&E 5040 and DM&E 5042
IMG_20110320_121810.jpg

IMG_20110320_121956.jpg

IC&E 5040
IMG_20110320_121831.jpg

DM&E 5042
IMG_20110320_121822.jpg

First pull of these units
IMG_20110320_121848.jpg

NOTE: These units were custom painted and decaled for my Model Railroad. Not actual units.

Comments Welcome!

Those are sweet!

I got started on one of the gravel roads today. Yep, that's what a gravel road looks like here. Sharp edged gray rock with a healthy appetite for tires.

P1011441.jpg

P1011442.jpg

Rained all weekend here, so I had a few hours on Saturday for a temporary layout in the living room.

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

Here are some progress shots of my farm area. I just placed the buildings, vehicles, and cows to give me a sense of how it will look. I still have quite a bit of work and details to add, but it's coming along. The tractor is a matchbox from my child hood. I don't think it will make the final cut however!:D That and the cows need to lose the clear surf boards!

Farmprogress3-22-11008.png

Farmprogress3-22-11010.png

Farmprogress3-22-11004.png

Jeffery,

If you don't mind giving away trade secrets, what do you use for the background on your layout, they llok like photographs and if so is this something you do, or buy? it looks great.

Devon

Back