Weekly Photo Fun 2-5/2-11

Started learning how to built a wire fence today. This may be a little to high, but that can be remedied, other than that I am quite happy how it turned out.

P1020904.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, Standard chainlink sizes comes in 3', 4', 5', 6', 8', 10' and you can custom order special hights but at a high cost! if you couldn't tell I hang chainlink fences for a living. your fence is a bare basic fence. you might want to think about rotating the mesh, so that Mesh runs on a 45* angles that will improve the look 1000times! also new galvanized fences are bright silver Like you have, then it fades to a dull gray, then rusty over time! you can also get the mesh plastic coated in Dk. Green, Black, and any color if you got the spare cash!

I use to have a chain link business too, and as Chris mentioned angling the mesh on a 45 will make a world of differance.
Also, you can leave a rough edge just above the top rail for an industrial look.
The pole spacing looks just right, nice scene!

Thanks for the comments guy's...Yes Jeffrey it is Aluminum screen....I have rotated the mesh and finished the fence....I edited my post and put in a picture of the finished fence.

Rico Now that's a great looking fence!

Rybcon Very nice looking. What did you use for the post and cross members?

Thanks guy's...I used materials that I already had lying around, for the cross members I used 1/16 x.014 copper tubing and for the posts I used 2 inch Brad Nails which I cut down to an inch and three quarters...I then soldered the nails to the tubing at 2 inch spacings...After the frame was finished I gave it a couple of coats of silver paint...I then cut and affixed the aluminum screen with fine silver wire.

Thanks for the comments guy's...Yes Jeffrey it is Aluminum screen....I have rotated the mesh and finished the fence....I edited my post and put in a picture of the finished fence.

Now it looks right! Awesome work, sir!

WOW! that's trick! particularly if you just finished reading all the threads on fencing!
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,

Personally, I like your "sky"... but if you go outside and look on a nice, sunny day, you'll note that if you look up at a 45° angle, then slowly lower your view until you see the horizon, the sky becomes lighter and takes on a slightly green-ish tone. (I'm not a scientist, but I believe it has something to do with the effects of the atmosphere -- as you're looking towards the horizon, you're looking through "more" air, and the light becomes more diffused...)

Many of the articles I've seen in magazines start with a "darker" blue at the top of the backdrop, a "lighter" blue with a wee bit of green at the bottom, and then blend the colors together in the middle. I recall seeing one guy use four different shades of blue (darker, not so dark, lighter, lightest) to try to get that blended look.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,
Tom

Back