Weekly Photo Fun 2/4 - 2/9

ggp

ggp
Well I guess I can start this weeks photo fun....I took some pic's the other day when I went for my morning walk, and with the help of my wife I made a new backdrop....Here are a couple of pic's of it.

P1030963.jpg

P1030964.jpg

You have lots of nice angle, involvement, and perspective in that wintry scene, Gary. Both very nice images. :)

Back in Service

StackJTruntabledinalres.png

I was wondering if we were going to have a photo thread this week.... Thanks for getting it going Gary! Nice photos Gary and Carndell!

I've been doing belt work in the workshop. Irritating, frustrating, and contankerous I'd say! Got to use a whole lot of bad language I did! Here are the results:

BranchEngineHouseBelt03w.png

BranchEngineHouseBelt04w.png

BranchEngineHouseBelt05w.png

Finally got 4 of the little suckers more or less in place.........

An UP Challenger excursion is spotted by the rail fans winding through downtown Denver.

IMG_0720.JPG

Josh Delp and myself had the club to ourselves this afternoon, I think everyone else was up at the train show in Monroe, WA. I already got too many projects, so no need for me to spend more money at a train show. I let my SP freight make laps around the layout while I did some work on various projects around the layout. Josh also was having fun running his Seattle and North Coast F-units around.

The last photo is the one major project that I'm working on at the club. It's part of a paper mill complex. I've already completed the main building and I'm adding additional components. This is woodchip handling system. A pivot table end dumps the cars into a underground pit. A conveyor brings the chips up to a radial stacker that dumps onto a pile. A bulldozer will shove the chips into a reclaim bin and a conveyor will bring the chips into a digester building that I've yet to build.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday a rather nice clean chessie loco which may have been spotted in various pictures, was transformed into a locally owned loco. As seems the custom and practice the new owners went for a minimum patch up, blotting out the old road name and adding their own. This loco will now be used to switch the local freight,getting it ready for the much larger UP guys to take it away.

A close look will also show some new fence work has been erected. Getting picture with the mesh and surroundings all in focus was impossible for my camera without the use of Helicon photo stacking software.

2.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

7.jpg

SDC18377.jpg

and a video to finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7-eWaHkHsY&hd=1

John
RJR

Cool stuff guys! (as always):D

Here's a shot from yesterday at the Great Scale Train Show at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium. My 3 Atlas SD24s hustling a 65 car aggregate train across the Four County Society of Model Engineers Modular layout! These former BN units served the Maryland Midland for several years before being replaced by GP38-3ACs.

MMIDSD24s.JPG

I'm going back today, with some different engines (& trains) to do some more running. Cameras both have fresh batteries, throttles have fresh batteries, and I'm pretty full of coffee at the moment!!:D:D:D

Some of the scenery work that I am doing at the Galveston Model club this week. These are all shot in Clayton the city next to the major engine terminal that I am installing. Clayton is on the lower deck on the layout.

Wow! Some more incredible work this week. I wanted to post this since it was inspired by several pieces on the forum in the last year. My take on the Psycho House (Or the Bates Mansion as I refer to it.)
These are from happier days with Mrs. Bates on the porch, Dad working on the car and young Norman swinging on a tire by his tree house. Well, maybe or not.;)

Attachments

• DSCF4439 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF4439 - Copy.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCF4442 - Copy.jpg
    DSCF4442 - Copy.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 201
BN SD40-2 climbing the grade past the first set of rocks ever made...well by me anyways.

Also, an unfinished bridge my 13 yo son made. Im impressed with it, dont think I could have done much better.

Some more progress shots on the Galveston Club layout. Looks like the new albums in the record store are really attracting some attention from the young ladies. First layer of water (Envriotex Light) was poured in the Green River valley. An overall all view of the city of Clayton with the large engine service facility (including a 19 stall roundhouse) on the far side of town. And last a shot of Farmington which was sceniced today while waiting for the water to set up in the Green River.

Guteng tag FrankieBoy
Ist der gutt. Ich habe sehr gern (Mein Deutsch nien gut haha!)

Very nice indeed. Do you have more pictures of your layout?

Thanks for sharing

I finally got a decent camera. It's a Panasonic Lumix, and it even has HD video and sound. So now I can take some videos of my layout! Still trying to figure it all out.

A couple of SD75Ms sitting in the yard.
P1000008_1.JPG

Back