Weekly Photo Fun 2-12/2-18

Rex,
that is impressive. I personally hate dealing with electrons and such, but I do strive to keep my wiring neat and tidy.

Are you an electrician, or just self taught?

Again, that is some excellant work there.
Thank you and thanks all! No, not an electrician but spent 45 years in electronics, now retired:D. Now if I can only figure out how to turn it on...ho-hum back to the books. :D

This is a photo of the brains for the operations. I also have a thread with description about all this in the wiring/electronicl/DCC section that you may want to read...just for curiosity ;). http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16754

RR_Co_Traincontroller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Jerome!! You just have to love the WC :)

Who makes the spark arrestors on yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ, that is a very realistic scene. Although the scene is from a era before my time, I can imagine it as a real event. It's as if you're a young railfan hiding from the passing rain clouds under a overpass, waiting to see what may come. A horn off in the distance draws your attention down the tracks where you see the headlight of a local racing back towards it's home yard to make a connection with a through freight. The single Alco has the train well in hand as it rushes past about 45mph, the cars behind bobbing and swaying with creaks and groans. Good modeling!

Allied Rail Rebuilders needed a way to get supplies and equipment across the track to the maintenance stands. (somebody forgot this detail when building it).

100_2530.jpg

Well the demolition crew moved in tonight and tore up the roadbed.

101_0547.jpg

And this is the almost completed crossing. Still a bit more weathering to do once it all dries.

101_0553.jpg

I applied a good coat of Clear Flat to the FMC hopper yesterday to kill the gloss on the body. This it did quite effectively. It fogged in few places but on the gray paint it looks good.

P2150503.jpg

Nice work everyone.

Rex~ A true work of art keeping all that wiring so tidy!

Kenny~ Nice shots of the WC working, and that plow looks really good.

Jerome~ Looks like ARR is coming along quite nicely.

Lester that is correct. Lots of brass stuff on shelves behind the counter.....

I just saw your reply to my question. My wife and I spent some time in Gettysburg last summer and stumbled onto that place. I think they had one of everything ever made for every scale in there but you could never find it. Also the owner was rather interesting.

Converted the pump house to diesel, replaced the power head and added the fuel tank at the customers request. The water tank was also part of this order. These are going on a D&RGW standard gauge layout set in Utah.

Next up is a O scale shortline tank patterned after one that was featured 3 years ago in NG&SLG. The prototype used an old blower housing as the counterweight for the spout with it hanging loose at the back of the tank.

Then a HO shortline tank. I am doing a 6 hour demonstration at the San Jacinto show this weekend during which I will be building one of these tanks from scratch. Should be interesting building in front of a crowd.

Then the final shots of the Turf Exchange in Como. Weathering is done on it and the birds are roosting on the cornice.

Kenny the water is a single pour about 1/16" thick of Envirtex Light. The look of deep water is from painting the top of the tank form in blotches of green and black before the pour.

Laidoffsick the show is Greater Houston Train Show - Saturday, February 20, 2010, at the Stafford Convention Center, Stafford, Texas. It is sponsored by the San Jacinto Model Railroad Club which is why I refer to it as the San Jacinto show in my head. Nine hour drive each way for me to do this demo but should be fun.

Back