Weekly Photo Fun 2/10 -2/15

Karl, that is a wonderful image you have there. It is so nicely lit, great angle, and it looks very convincing. As is typically the case, the trip pin gives it away. :p

Thanks Crandell, but the NCE antenna duct taped to the skyboards got by you?? :D:p:D:p

I was rummaging through an old photo box and found a a rare photo taken of N&W J #607. I can't quite place the location, but it looks familiar.

IMG_0902finalvint2res.png

Crandell

I believe I've seen that place before too! Just can't place it!:rolleyes:;)

Hey Karl, on the embankment below the locomotives there is some nice looking grass. Do you know what was used in that area?

Nice picture by the way.

Dang, that's why it looks so good. I have Silflor but it's quite expensive for how much area you can cover. Oh well, it's only money right?:D

Oliver,a good friend from Bavaria, came over yesterday(Thanks Oliver for your's and Sabine's 200 miles ride from Regensburg over here...) and he brought along a lot of work for me..He unwraped four engines to install the DCC equipment inside them....
He's a Delaware&Hudson enthusiast and he's collecting rolling stock that the D&H was running from mid to late 80's.That includes Maine Central and Boston & Maine,too.Sometimes he runs his valuable stuff on a "floor-layout",with fourty cars or more...
On this occasion I took some pics from Olivers Maine Central # 261(Atlas model) on my West Coast layout....

Would you suspect that the scenery is located in California?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank, nice layout. I like your bridge. What kind is that, where did you get it?

Thanks for your comment,Motley:)
This truss bridge was kitbashed from two Vollmer-kits that I've stored for 10 years or more in a drawer...I guess this kit is more than 30 years on the market and it's always avelaible.I didn't liked the original paint (greyish steel blue)so I've airbrushed it "light silver".

You can find more pics of this bridge in my "Watsonville junction" thread........http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=214584#post214584

The following pics were taken from my oldest son Tom(9years).Sharing the hobby with the kids makes a lot of fun.....

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Frank, for the bridge info.

Here's another one from me. The 20th Century Limited has been restored and in museum excursion service.

P1000080_1.JPG

Projects004.jpg

Got My new project units in thanks to Jeremiaha Austin
Projects001.jpg

this is the core unit being used for my prototype BA-60P

Projects002.jpg

this one going to be Amtrak 598 when fininshed
Projects005.jpg

Back