Weekly Photo Fun 11-20/Turkey Day!

Josh, looks like your exchange car is coming right along.
Sure is. #1101 is about to emerge from the shop as well. She'll be weathered a bit, then boxed up to send off to my dad.

Cars from 1102 up, will be FMC 50' boxcars, from Roundhouse, odd numbers being single door, and even numbers being double door. Not sure how many, but I'm thinking 11 each should be sufficient.

After we complete this exchange service, I'll send #1102 off to my dad, and replace with #1103, OR maybe a Turtle Creek Central car.

GGP, I've never seen that engine house model before. who makes it? Nice looking job on construction. Your kids are laying on the same playground equipment I have behind my church. That salesman gets around. :)

Thanks Jim...It's made by Model Power.

I have a building similar to that, also made by Model Power. It's the American Foundry building.

Here's row of structures I'm currently working on.
PB220221.jpg

I like that row of structures Jeffrey....It was one of your pictures that got me looking for an engine house!!

Is this Fon Du Lac, WI, or Denver?? with all the UP/CNW/SP equipment running around it almost looks like a 2000 era UP road rather than the Paper Valley...

DSC05750.jpg

Looks like the start of a nice business district, Jeffrey.

V&AL, I'm glad to see your layout is finally showing some class. :) Pretty impressive engine service facility and roundhouse.

Jim, that's not my layout, it's my new club.. I moved up to Wisconsin. I'm with the Paper Valley Model RR Club in Appleton, WI now.

My "layout" if you could call it that is either in my storage unit or in my head...

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Thanksgiving to you all,

Everyones photos look great!! This is my first time posting in this part of the forum. I have had this Walthers Modern Coaling Tower kit laying around for a few years, and this week I finally decided to build it

Its not weathered yet

What do you guys think?

Later,

DEVLYN

100_1009.png

100_1021.png

100_1022.png

V&AL, that's a very nice looking job for a club layout. I kind of wondered if it was a club with the throttles layoing on the track. :)

Devlyn, Happy Thanksgiving as well. That's a very nice build on a pretty difficult model. I should look really good once it get's weathered.

I did some more work on the wall below the freight yard, and installed some "ground" for the next round of weed planting (It isn't really blue, it's grey. And I'll paint it brown before adding vegetation):

IMG_3121.JPG

John, that vegetation job looks very natural, especially when you compare it to the bare area ahead of it. Good job.

V&AL, that's a very nice looking job for a club layout. I kind of wondered if it was a club with the throttles layoing on the track. :)

doah.gif
I saw those after I was posting the pic.... I'll be more careful next time... and next time I wont need my UT-2 and the club's UT-1... I got me a DT-402!!

I did some more work on the wall below the freight yard, and installed some "ground" for the next round of weed planting (It isn't really blue, it's grey. And I'll paint it brown before adding vegetation):

IMG_3121.JPG

is that HO ? your track look so large

Back