Weekly Photo Fun 11-12/11-18

Just a few things I have been doing. The tree house, the yellow house and the power station are ho scale. The snowplow is in N scale.

who makes that tree house? I need one!
icon_smile_sign_ditto.gif

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hmmmm, a little more than I care to spend, but it does look good.
Meanwhile, here's my latest project a bit further along. Not the Masterpieces I see some of you turn out but it's on it's way to at least be interesting.

Looking good guys! I did some painting today, getting my Genset's finished up...

Josh, which decal manufacturer makes all of the little warning/safety labels for the Genset? I'm holding off on painting my NYCS versions until I custom print the decals myself, because the stickers are different from any standard EMD or GE set that you can get from Microscale, etc.

Which set are you using? I didn't know anyone made appropriate Genset labels...

GREAT SHOTS EVERYONE!!
This week I was working on my hi-way underpass. I started with a Wally-World garage sale sign as my road base. I cut it as wide as the sidewalks. I added the sidewalks, curbing, storm drains, and manhole lid. (I used an empty 30-30 casing to punch out a circle for the manhole lid). The sidewalk, drains and manhole cover parts are from Walthers sidewalk kit.
I searched for pictures to add to the backdrop but couldn't find anything close to what I needed so I thought i would 'attempt" painting my own. It seemed it would be much easier to paint backdrop with same colors getting a better match than to try and match a picture and get the colors perfect.
The bridge is close, actually touching my backdrop so the illusion was gonna be tricky. I drew the angles 3 times till I found what to me would work.
I painted the walkway with rattle can of Krylon Almond satin (this is very close to aged concrete..expecially weathered). The road I used just gray primer. I used WS dry transfers for the road lines going smaller and smaller. I weathered the road with Bar Mills black weathering powder. My backdrop is about 3 inches short so I am adding a front ridge of hills to 3D it away from actual backwall. I also added Scenic Express ground cover to the backdrop panel along the sidewalk edges and plan on doing the whole 3D ridge. I have cut an added the remaining parts of the ridge panels. I added a few buildings, details ect. just for the picture but things will change. I was pretty happy with my outcome.
Have a good week everyone!

Bob, I love that highway overpass scene, it turned out great! Good job.

I just recently acquired my very first steam engine, an MTH 4-6-6-4 Challenger for an excursion passenger train.

I'm now an officially a steam fan!!!

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

Thanks Michael,
I can see why your steam hooked now! Thats a great engine. I have one and love to watch the two sets of drivers work. Nothing like running BIG engines if you have the space to do it. Your yard and ballast work is coming along nicely! Looking great!

Trucula

how about playing with mirrors with your under pass. you may be able to get that long shot of a road with a mirror. may even be able to put the mirror at a 45 deg angle, put a bulding near it and it will reflect the front of it almost like the street took a turn,

I did this with this bridge

Here is a new Powered Express Mail box car that I use to pull long trains with the looks of just one loco

and a newly painted GP9 in Milwaukee Road

Josh, which decal manufacturer makes all of the little warning/safety labels for the Genset? I'm holding off on painting my NYCS versions until I custom print the decals myself, because the stickers are different from any standard EMD or GE set that you can get from Microscale, etc.

Which set are you using? I didn't know anyone made appropriate Genset labels...
No one as far as I can tell. My two are factory painted by Atlas. I do think I might need to foobie some Microscale warning labels on though. :(:rolleyes:

I'd suggest, if you're going to custom run the labels, to sell some of them!

Back