Weekly Photo Fun 11-12/11-18

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
P1011386.jpg

I was wondering if anyone was going to start another thread. The last one had a crazy date to it....... I think it works best to have this end on Thursday if it is going to last a whole week so there is a new thread to start the weekend.... Just my 2¢

I got a bit more done on the Crusher House at the Batavia Train Show yesterday. The building had already been painted and the windows/doors installed before I left home. I added the roofing, some "windows" made from Testors Clear Model Glue, and did a bit of weathering. Got a few photos after I got back home.

StoneCrusherBld04w.png

StoneCrusherBld05w.png

StoneCrusherBld06w.png

StoneCrusherBld07w.png

Oh, yes I know a corner of the roof needs some glue..... These were just quick flash photos, I will get better ones when it is installed on the layout. There will eventually be 3 stone conveyors coming from the building.

Nice photos, fellas.

Here's mine for the week: (cleaned up an older photo and added smoke and steam effects)

IMG_3553csharpres-1.png

Selector, i see front of the loco is sharp as sharp as the cars and the background rock . can you spill some light on technique you used to achieve that extra wide depth of field? how many pictures is this one comprised of? which tool do you use to cobine? or am i missing something else?

Anton, this photo dates to 2008, long before I acquired CombineZM. I just set the aperture in Manual Mode to its smallest setting (f8), and used the exposure meter to set the time of the shutter. The camera was on a tripod. It is a single exposure.

In my latest photos, the ones since May, I have used the freeware CombineZM. You must take anywhere from four to any higher number of images with the lens focused to successively deeper depths in the area to be imaged. I start in macro mode and take the first image focused to mere inches. The next is still in macro, and I set the next focus for three inches further. After about 14 inches, I switch out of macro and then take successive exposures, usually another four, with about a foot more of depth in each at the focus point. CombineZM does the stacking and looks for the sharpest contrast and edges all throughout the image.

Crandell

DJ, you have a fine image there. I especially like your 'job' on the rail car. Excellent.

Crandell

Some light weathering , this shot was done using Helicon Focus photo stacking and is the combination of a picture focused on each car

longshot.jpg

Jonn

now that i'm home i can see images again.
Grampy great image, and great model. i especially like the busted up road surface.

thanks for the kind comment Brad. base layer was india ink diluted with isopropyl. and then very watered down burnt sienna applied very unevenly. i documented the costruction of this small stand/diorama here

now that i'm home i can see images again.
Grampy great image, and great model. i especially like the busted up road surface.

thanks for the kind comment Brad. base layer was india ink diluted with isopropyl. and then very watered down burnt sienna applied very unevenly. i documented the costruction of this small stand/diorama here

Perfect, thanks for the link Anton. It’s always nice to see a different approach.

Back