Weekly Photo Fun 11-06/11-12

More renumbering work for me today. This brings the days total to 7.

Who can forget the GEU30M645.

DSCN2191.jpg

And the EMD SD27J.

DSCN2184.jpg

Hello everyone! Some more great work you're showing here.

Well almost everything I've shown you all has been pretty Urban. There are a few small areas of my Fox River Valley that's a little more rural. So today I offer a work in progress, a farm stand converted from the old Plasticville chicken coop. It and highway both need some more work and signs. Oh and a moody picture my son took of the local mill. I hope you enjoy.

One of my latest purchases from the LHS:
*Drool* Nice purchase! I wish I had a few of those new image BNSF cars, would go nice with my older versions...

Jeffrey, any chance you can inform is as to what the full roster of L&A is, after the renumbering?

*Drool* Nice purchase! I wish I had a few of those new image BNSF cars, would go nice with my older versions...

Jeffrey, any chance you can inform is as to what the full roster of L&A is, after the renumbering?

Thanks! My LHS has Maxis in new image, but unfort. the automaxes are discontinued. :(

I was just pulling your chain Crandel :)

Im actualy a big fan of the GG1's they have one in a shed at IRM. Over heads, they can be a big pain in the but just trying to work on a layout just like telephone lines are.

Trent

Good show fellas!
Here's my addition- I had this somewhat unremarkable picture from a couple of nights, and I gave it a few burns and dodges to see if I could turn it into something interesting. Another part of my long quest for artificial sunlight.

Finished building this kit today. It's 13&1/2" long. It's a Kibri HD drop center flat. Had to add a bunch of my own weights to keep it on track.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished building this kit today. It's 13&1/2" long. It's a Kibri HD drop center flat. Had to add a bunch of my own weights to keep it on track.:D

Holy cow! look at that beast, nice job on that Larry. Whatchya got for the load on it?

-Nate

Looks like the local pub's delivery arrived in time for happy Hour!
picture.php

Man, these people can drink!

Figured I'd share the new MTH Loco I picked up today. Overall, I'm very happy with it although a little bummed that the rear coupler is not set at the correct height. And with it being MTH's automatic couplers, I don't know what to do about it. There's nothing I can find online and nothing in the manual, so I'm going to see what MTH has to say about it tomorrow.

Anyway... The pics.

However, I think overall I like the sound in my Paragon2 AC6000 better, but the detail of the MTH is overall better IMO. Not that the the Paragon2 is shabby at all in the detail dept.

not bad looking. I dont like how thick the handrails are, the ditch lights are ginormous. Almost like battery boxes. Also how can they not have a plow on it.

Some shots of John Waite's Sn3 Tweetsie. This scene is in the Doe River canyon and really does the prototype justice with the vertical rock wall and the drop off down to the river. John's layout is one of the layouts that will be open next year for the 30th annual Narrow Gauge Convention in St Louis.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

Sheeeeeesh that thing is huge!!:eek::D That load could be one of those drier systems some of the larger grain outfits are starting to use----or one bl--dy great big transformer ---:eek::eek:

Good work on getting that thing together!!:D:D:D

I came in way too late to be able to comment on all the pictures, being away for a week. I'll just say a nice job done by all. Thanks for posting all your work, it always inspires me to do better or change something on my layout.

Back