Weekly Photo Fun 11-06/11-12

Since I am new what better way to start than with photo fun.
12439_326865245130_817770130_974755.jpg

train1.jpg

train2.jpg

train4.jpg

HOLLY MACARONI! :eek::eek:

I had to stop and look closely, because at first I was just going thru all the pics quickly and I thought you posted a pics of the real thing!!
Especially the second shot!

WOW!:eek: Well done. Well done indeed!!
icon14.gif

Do you have more? :confused: :D :) :)

This past weekend I did add some more grass to the foreground and on the bank of the interstate but the photos didn't turn out good. Here are two close ups of the same trains that I took. Sadly I couldn't get my lights to work on that day to where they would be bright enough to look real. I do have working ditchlights on these engines too.

untitled2.png

untitled.png

Okay, here is one that is kind of okay just to show what I have done in ways of weekend work. You can see the grass I added compared to the first photos. Some day I will have a good camera!!!

Picture053.png

Here is kind of a reminder of what I am going for here so as I get the scene done:

Picture417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zack, I think it looks good, maybe just an air brushing with some yellowish brown paint to get a lighter color and it'll match that photo.

NikeBoy - very nice work on the trees and hill. Did you make the trees?
Zak - You've captured it. Beautiful. Static grass?

How big are they in scale feet? :D
Common size is between 25 to 52 scale (HO) feet (3-7 inches) though some (Cuban Anole) reach 91-140 scale feet (13-20 inches). A giant terror among the HO world for sure. One of those monsters would make a quick snack of my 9 foot (1.3 inch) wolf spider for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nike, those are some fine looking trees. I too would be interested in how you made them. Looks like you've got a good start on your layout.

Zak, your scene looks better all the time. I agree with Josh about hitting the grass with a light overspray of brown to better match the picture, but it looks great otherwise.

Jeffery, {sniff}, another UP engine bites the dust. :)

Nice pics gentlemen! Ill get around to posting some of my work on here again one of these days. Josh how about showing off the projects you've been working on for me?:D

Nice pics gentlemen! Ill get around to posting some of my work on here again one of these days. Josh how about showing off the projects you've been working on for me?:D
Sure!

They'll be in your hands soon enough, whenever I receive, or find someone with, a suitable decoder!

This past weekend I did add some more grass to the foreground and on the bank of the interstate but the photos didn't turn out good. Here are two close ups of the same trains that I took. Sadly I couldn't get my lights to work on that day to where they would be bright enough to look real. I do have working ditchlights on these engines too.

untitled2.png

untitled.png

WOW! :eek:Great shot, especially the second one (Bottom) Very well done
icon14.gif

Don't worry about the light, the pics are fantastic

zgardner18 Okay, here is one that is kind of okay just to show what I have done in ways of weekend work. You can see the grass I added compared to the first photos. Some day I will have a good camera!!!
Picture053.png

Here is kind of a reminder of what I am going for here so as I get the scene done:
Picture417.jpg

Holly! :eek: You got it nailed! WOW. How did you do the grass? That pics looks like the real thing.
How did you do the road? Great crossing gate too!
The background is perfectly in sync with your diorama/layout.

Great shot!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Back