Weekly Photo Fun 11-06/11-12

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Yesterday I completed the GP42X project (no such loco exists so don't try searching). It's all Athearn and consists of a GP38-2 chassis, a GP50 body topped with a GP60 dynamic brake hatch.

PB070178.jpg

Also done yesterday was something I'd been meaning to do for some time. I have two 70's era Atlas/Roco GP40's*. The screwdriver notchs in the fuel tanks always bugged me so yesterday I filled them in with Testor's contour putty and painted the area over. Here's one of them showing the notch filled in.

PB070184.jpg

* both of my Atlas/Roco GP40's have been refitted with Bachmann GP40 shells which are somewhat more detailed and have better looking hand rails.

HAHA! I am doing something similar myself: Twisting "history" a bit to fit a particular project I have...
It's plausible, and that is all that matters as far as I am concern.

Cool!

zgardner18

I was able to get out of the garage and do a little railfanning on the MRL. I set up on a bluff overlooking the Bozeman Tunnel along the interstate but I was only able to catch a BNSF Grain Train and the MRL 840 Local heading to Livingston with its GP35 team pulling the way.

Picture004.png

Picture034.png

Happy Holloween!!
http://efusjon.com/zachary

HOLLY MACARONI! :eek::eek:

I had to stop and look closely, because at first I was just going thru all the pics quickly and I thought you posted a pics of the real thing!!
Especially the second shot!

WOW!:eek: Well done. Well done indeed!!
icon14.gif

Do you have more? :confused: :D :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bout time somebody got this weeks Photo Fun Thread going.......

Nice job everyone so far! Grampy and Selector, WOW! I definitely have to take a couple of trips, one to Pennsylvania, and one to Vancouver Island....

I have been doing some tearing out and trying to figure out how to save my old code 70 hand laid stub end turnouts (to be used for the Civil Engineering AP Award I hope someday....). Not much of that is really photogenic, so. I did have a package of decals arrive yesterday and I got right to work finishing up the Tichy Flat Car kits I started a week or so ago. They still have to be weathered and a suitable load must be found, but for the moment, here they are:

TichyFlat08w.png

TichyFlat09w.png

TichyFlat10w.png

TichyFlat11w.png

Incredible modeling, scenes and pictures!!

My efforts have been toward Old Town Center and the rest of the block. OTC is being renovated to small businesses and lofts. You can see a carpenter building a stud wall in the middle of the floor, stacks of lumber and the developer standing watching. The roof is being re coated.

Shorty's ribs is open for business with a few customers waiting for service.

The dumpsters out back need to be emptied. There are from Waste Haulers - You mess it up - We cover it up.

Not sure what kind of business will go in between these two.

Is that station master is wondering how the heck that GG1 made it to his town;)

Great work everyone. I always enjoy seeing every ones progress over the weekend.

Here is a C&NW crew with fairly new S1 switchers combo. I just put in decoders this weekend.

NKP 765 in the yard at the club today

Wow seeing all this great scenery is inspiring me to get back at it!
MGWSY... love that interior! I'm working on a pawn shop right now, just got the decals made for the checkerboard floor and mounted a moose head on the wall.
I haven't got anything new to post as the layout is currently apart for a track renewal program, so here's a shot taken going over the downtown Mallory overpass.

Trent, as you may have noticed, I strive for strong depth of focus in my photos, and that would require me to provide an extensive catenary to be realistic. I don't have the materials or the financial resources to commence such a project. So, I would ask all viewers to overlook this deficiency by either suspending disbelief, imagining the catenary, or a healthy mix of both. :)

I hope you can still appreciate the image.

Here is one that is more realistic. A Pacific K4s is shoving the wounded GG1 across the turntable and into the central bay for repairs.

Cs-GG1-on-TT-wider-view.png

-Crandell

Back