Weekly Photo Fun 10-1/10-7

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Found this near the Sundown engine house.

P1010813.jpg

Jeffrey, nice!!!

Grampy you always blow me away with your photos (and your layout)!

Adam, very nice start.

I have started a small module for judging for a merit award for the NMRA Civil Engineer Certificate. All the trackage has to be hand laid and scratch built. It will have a turnout, a crossover, and a 19° crossing (the merit award requires 3 different types of trackwork from a published list). Here are a few photos of the beginnings of the module:

The module will be 2' X 4'. Here is the completed frame for it:

BenchFrame1w.png

Plywood top being glued to the frame:

BenchFrame5w.png

And the frame then received a couple coats of urethane varnish:

FrameVarnish1w.png

More later!

Aft wreck!!!

Jeffrey, the ole' tender looks tired, nice.

DJ, always dramatic, thank you.

Adam, ahh, the makings of a new empire, great so far...

Ray, what a cool project, please keep us posted.

I recieved a 'heads up' from a customer that one of the American Freedom Train cars I built for him had encountered an asteroid of biblical proportions. I was told that something fell onto it but after surveying the scene, and believe me I'm not a qualified expert, but I'd say a ball-peen bent on rage was the culprit.

He sent the car to me and asked if I could fix it. Bottom line, we're building him a different car.

The only thing that survived was the fire pumper. The 'Arabian' and the 1904 Olds had the most damage. The owner also saw fit to acc the roof in place, soooooooo, there is no way to salvage the railcar. Sounds like the beginings of a 'torch' scene diorama.

AFTwreck6.jpg

AFTwreck3.jpg

AFTwreck9.jpg

AFTwreck4.jpg

AFTwreck2.jpg

AFTwreck5.jpg

This promo pick shows the car after it was just built...the one on left.

accuen_header.jpg

I guess the shops are going to be busy....

Johnny

Johnny- I dont believe i ever properly thanked you for your help awhile back on some circus cars my grandpa has. Thank you.

Well, school isnt really new anymore, football season is in the home stretch, and Thanksgiving Break is a ways off. With that being said, how about some snow pics? Im ready for snow days :D Not my pictures, i found them on google.

54-800.jpg

Cp_5623.jpg

3236191160_4d8602ec48.jpg

Nice snow pics, I'm ready for a few snow days myself.;)

I recently installed some yard lights. And also got a couple of Atlas Gold series Dash 8-40CWs and had Mark here on the forum install LEDs. Amazing detail on these things.

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

Got a little more done on the module for the Civil Certificate today between doing some other projects. The roadbed is mostly completed. Yes the siding is done on n scale roadbed so it is prototypically 6 scale inches below the level of the mainlines. The turnout sitting there is not the one which will be used as it is all set to be put into the quarry scene as soon as the quarry goes back in place. The 19° crossover is the one that will be used where it sets. I will be starting work on the 3 turnouts soon. They will be all linked together as one piece before they are installed on the module. Then the rest of the track will be put in place.

Roadbed1w.png

Roadbed2w.png

Nice snow pics, I'm ready for a few snow days myself.;)

I recently installed some yard lights. And also got a couple of Atlas Gold series Dash 8-40CWs and had Mark here on the forum install LEDs. Amazing detail on these things.

IMG_0579.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

Looking Good Michael
There are a couple of nasty looking kinks by the turnouts in the first pic.

Almost done with the slug that I started 2 months ago. Finished the handrails this morning, next a little more sanding and then paint

4e1ed8b7.jpg

Soon this will be the 100 Boston and Maine in guilford paint

Looking Good Michael
There are a couple of nasty looking kinks by the turnouts in the first pic.

Thanks!

Ya I couldn't really avoid them. But I have no problems with them. As it's very slow speed when pulling/shoving cars.

An Aston Martin DB5 waits for a Tropicana box car to pass as it pulls into the nearby bottling plant.

View attachment 22482

The road markings are new - I was able to get a paint pen yesterday. I very pleased at the results.

Back