Weekly Photo Fun, 1/7/11 thru 1/13/11

002.jpg

006.jpg

005.png

001.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Littlefoot14,

Those are some great pictures! Now, if you could find a place where the trees in the backdrop were much farther away, it would be much harder to tell that what we're seeing is not a 1:1 scale train!

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Long story with this engine. Back when I graduated kindergarten in 1985/1986 my dad built my a 4 X 8 to get me started, I had grown an appreciation for the NS. So my first engine was a NS GP35 my dad kitbashed for me.

n502064272_377603_991.jpg

Fastforward to 1996. New layout is almost done. Someone broke into my train room outside and basically wiped the layout into a trash bag, getting about 1/2 of my stuff, including the 2647.

About three years ago, I rebuilt it, as best I could remember. Here it is on my dad's layout picking up the IC delivery:

n502064272_565617_7613.jpg

n502064272_565620_8537.jpg

Nicely done on your new GP-35, Kurt! And that's a darned shame that some !%#&^@! stole so much of your stuff! Sure do hate to hear that part, esp. the engine your father made for you.

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Looks like a good fit Jeffrey. I did something similar a few years back, My original engines, a pair of Lionel FA's had the rubber band drive. I wanted them to be runners, mainly for sentimental reasons. I slid a pair of Walthers FA1 chassis under them pretty easily.
Its called having your cake and eating it too! :D Best of all, it doesn't screw with your blood sugar!:D

Thanks Karl. The only problem I had was that the rear of the shell sat down too far. I glued a couple of Kadee coupler boxes to the top rear of the frame (one per side) and that solved the problem.

Hello everyone! I see this is a good week to show off locomotives, so I'll join the club. I know I always show structures since that is the major focus of my layout but I just purchased this beauty. It's a Bachmann Spectum, with sound. Runs great, sounds great, looks great. Now I'm adjusting my sorry track work for it. Doesn't steam look great in black & white?

Mike H., that is an amazing difference with that photochopped background. Pretty cool stuff.

It really is, you give that to an experienced user, and holy cow I bet you wouldn't be able to tell if it was real or not. lol.

Back