Weekly Photo Fun 1/28 - 2/3

Motley

I guess I'll start it off this week....

Here's a GP38-2 and Genset doing some yard work.

IMG_1026.JPG

Here's the N scale layout I purchased from my model railway club... it's a 30 year old, fully automated display layout that has been shown many times and won a number of awards here in Western Australia. It was largely built by friends of mine at the club (I was too young and inexperienced to be much help back then) and so is very special to me.

It's approx. 12' x 4' with a further 12' x 4' u-shaped shelf with staging yards for the 2 main lines. Up to 7 trains can run simultaneously on each mainline, and there's a mountain branchline on which up to 5 trains may be automatically passing one another and looping about. All done with old telephone exchange relays :)

Graham%20keeps%20a%20watchful%20eye%20on%20things%20-%20CROPPED.JPG

Wow - Eight posts this week so far and we have outstanding work from several US States, Canada, Germany and Australia! Nothing to add at the moment but keep it coming from around the world!

Here's the N scale layout I purchased from my model railway club... it's a 30 year old, fully automated display layout that has been shown many times and won a number of awards here in Western Australia. It was largely built by friends of mine at the club (I was too young and inexperienced to be much help back then) and so is very special to me.

It's approx. 12' x 4' with a further 12' x 4' u-shaped shelf with staging yards for the 2 main lines. Up to 7 trains can run simultaneously on each mainline, and there's a mountain branchline on which up to 5 trains may be automatically passing one another and looping about. All done with old telephone exchange relays :)

Wow - Eight posts this week so far and we have outstanding work from several US States, Canada, Germany and Australia! Nothing to add at the moment but keep it coming from around the world!

I second you, Gary..........An the best is that there is some GERMAN prototyped rolling stock on the run and I can also see german structures (...made in Germany!!!!!) on a american Modelrailroad in Australia!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Frank

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=214584#post214584

Last edited by a moderator:
A few progress shots from my town of Wells. They are kind of blurry, but you should expect that from me!

An overall shot

newlayout006-2.png

newlayout016.png

My church parking lot.

newlayout018-1.png

Waiting for the train to pass.

newlayout009-1.png

A blurry, quick shot of the small depot area. The buildings are just sitting there for spacing for now.

newlayout002-1-1.png

Back