Weekend's here PHOTO FUN Feb 9th to 11th

Glad the custom jobs are working out well for you Johnny! I can't seem to get any to (well there's a few waiting until the buyers get the money...). I'm going to have to stick to eBay'ing some custom units.

Get your HOT DOGS here

Finlly got my rs-2s in from walthers:D proto 1000 installed TCSt-1 decoders Just love the way that the PROTO line of locos run:D

Nice Shots everyone ! Radar they sure look nice would love to get a couple in New York Central paint .Will hold out to see if Walthers puts them on sale !

Nice pictures everyone,

And here for our resident tree guru Jos

just made a few tree's from a type of pampas grass stalk's i found at the hospital, a quick trim up, then a good spray of hair spray and straight into a tub of green dye'd sawdust and hey presto, Poplar tree's. When they are dry i can add some more as required and spray the underside with a fine dusting of matt black and grey to darken the undersides and trunk.
P2110066.jpg

P2110063.jpg

It's not glamorous but...

..through the silhouette of Rock Ridge you can see the first step towards the new Rock Ridge and Train City--the track lighting I installed today.

traincitya001.gif

Chip, some minor photo shopping and it would look REAL! Thats a GREAT shot you've got there!

My minor contribution this weekend. I've been working on CN SD50F #5414 & BNSF SD75M #8251. Here's #8251 in the detail process.

Bob
Great scene!

Johnny
Great job on the shells!

Radar
Cool shot!

Steve B
Nice shots!

Larry
Cool looking CF-7!

Chip
Looking good!

Josh
Looks like the loco is coming along!

Ran my new Atlas GP-40 locos!

Atlas B&O GP-40
bando_geeps_001a.jpg

Atlas B&O GP-40
bando_geeps_002a.jpg

P1K Penn Central Boxcar
bando_geeps_003a.jpg

P1K Penn Central Boxcar
bando_geeps_004a.jpg

Athearn B&O 50’ Double door Boxcar
bando_geeps_005a.jpg

Athearn CNJ 50’ reefer
bando_geeps_006a.jpg

Bachmann Silver Series Lehigh Valley 50’ Reefer
bando_geeps_007a.jpg

Unknown maybe older Life-Like Lehigh Valley Covered Hopper
bando_geeps_008a.jpg

Accurail Penn Central ACF Covered Hopper
bando_geeps_009a.jpg

P2K Pittsburg & Lake Erie 52’-6” Mill Gondola
bando_geeps_010a.jpg

Athearn Custom Painted and Dry Transfers B&O 40’ Boxcar
bando_geeps_011a.jpg

Bev-Bel/Athearn L&N 40’ Boxcar
bando_geeps_012a.jpg

Athearn RTR Klemme Co-op Covered Hopper
bando_geeps_013a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse Custom Painted and Decaled Ralston-Jefferson Covered Hopper
bando_geeps_014a.jpg

Walthers/Athearn Albert City Covered Hopper
bando_geeps_015a.jpg

Awesome train again Tom! Hows that layout coming along?

Here's CN #5414. Sadly I had to do some trimming of the two front side frames, otherwise they were binding against the ladder wells. No matter, they're not really visible where I trimmed them anyways!

enjoying every word and picture each time whin I "visit" this part of the forum!!
Thank you all.
Steve B : Welcome to the world of modeltreebuilding!!! But watch out it could be that a t.m.v.(tree-made virus) bug was hanging around the hospital and also the plant( miscanthus sinensis) BTW: If you can find some real pampasgrass and use the "flowers"of that plant and treat them the same as you did with the shown ones the results will be far more realistic!! with the same efforts!!( the real name of pampas is Cortadeira selloana)
BTW Chip: why is it NOT glamorous...watch the added picture....
Ill think it is great

Jos

BTW Chip: why is it NOT glamorous...watch the added picture....
Ill think it is great

Jos

Thanks Jos. You know there were several ways I could have taken that picture to show the lights. This one sort of caught my eye. Here is Rock Ridge at Sunset.

traincity87.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

Only you could have bashed that car. Impressive.

Nice pic of the S4. The icicles on the roof-line were a nice touch.

Steve,

That BN looks kinda tired. Maybe it needs a trip to the engine spa....and the only good Alco is a dea--nevermind.

Those weed trees are interesting. I do a lot of experimenting with the local flora as well. Can't even imagine buying a pre-made.

CR92,

When my son and I go railfanning that is all we see--NS Dash-9s. Although we did find a pair of SD-40's pushing coal empties under a tipple.

Truckula,

I think I've been there.

MLW,

Um...er...[cough]...ahem...uh...when I was..uh..ahem...talking about good Alco's..uh, I wasn't ..refering to that ...uh...fine specimen.

That backdrop is very effective for photographs.

Ray,

Is that little pier your scratch-build from last year. I remember when you built it.

Johnny,

Nice clean work as always. Do they ever pay you to dirty them up?

Dave,

Congrats on the acquisition.

Brakie,

I don't think I've ever seen a model CF-7.

Mouse,

[self-congrats] You finally started working on that new layout.

Josh

I once considered modeling a railroad where every single loco had to be bashed. Things changed and it never happened. whew!

Tom,

Every piece of rolling stock will have some degree of weathering--mostly light. But I haven't done the first yet. But you keep me focused on how far I have to go.

Great work everyone, Tom, i like the look of the 40ft L&N boxcar and Chip That look's great
Josh your WAY ahead of me on the detailing front

Space....... Nah, I'm only in the early stages of weathering my own stuff, I leave that part up to them. I don't offer it as a service. As a side note; the AFT had frequent baths and paint touch-ups so it never really looked too dirty.

BTW, LOVE the train room!!

Johnny

Back