WEEKENDS HERE photo fun 17th - 19th Nov

Steve B

Firefighter
let's have your best shot's of the week everyone;)

What i would love to see is some winter shot's, plenty of snow and sunshine

No snow here (Yet) but it was cold enough, this is Preston station with 6201 under the canopy shortley after uncoupling from it's train to allow the diesel to take over the final leg
PB170038.jpg

PB170049.jpg

PB170043.jpg

and me and the boy's next to one of the Pullman cars
PB170041.jpg

RJR weeks events

This week I finished a rake of tankers i started a while ago and got a chance to run them early thursday morning behind my pair of small diesels.

1981455cc6a7ab83c.jpg

And if you want to see them running they are here on my Yahoo Video Gallery

And finally I played with a few previous videos to create a compilation movie complete with a backing track here

John

OK, many of you saw a preview of these pictures in my friend Eric's thread on his kodachromes, but anyway...

The following pictures are of my modern-day New York Central System hauling the Tropicana Juice train at the recent train show in Denver:

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6225.jpg

IMG_6240.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

IMG_6256.jpg

IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6287.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

There was a masking aid in MR a while back, it was in the projects section i think and it was the same as this but for about 20 axles

MRTPLS Everytime i see the tropicana juice train hauled by those NYC diesels my jaw drops, it look's fantastic, what a work of art

MTRPLS do you have any shots of the entire tropicana train

a few more shots from last night, this is a class 175 commuter train for Manchester airport
PB170040.jpg

and this is one of Virgins Voyagers
PB170044.jpg

and one more of the 6201
PB170036.jpg

More garden fun

Great pictures guys, Preston station looked like a cold night out !

It was flippin freezing this afternoon !!! But it didnt stop a garden railroader :)

Trains, action camera !!!

Video 1

Video 2

or click on one and stay on my yahoo channel there are lots of other videos

John

RJR Branch Line

Great Photos MTRPLS. Everytime I see those NYC locos I step on my tongue;) .

Steve: I'm envious of you being able to go and see so many interesting trains.

Nice work John, no outside persuits for me today, if i get over your way some time i'd like to call if it's OK, i'd have to bring the little one's

Here is my addition. My own GP30 converted from a low nose. There are a coule flaws but I still like it. The last two pictures are flawa I need to fix.
img2407il9.jpg

img2408bm0.jpg

img2410zu3.jpg

img2412bw4.jpg

next up a modern day engine.
-dekruif

Last edited by a moderator:
Been working on getting the train room cleaned and the layout operating for the family who will be coming for for Thanksgiving. My son and his partner from Chicago will be here all week. I haven't seen them since my Mothers funeral a year and a half ago so I am looking forward to it. I also will have to do some Major[/b[ cleaning of the house by Monday night......:eek:

I did find some time to set up a short photo op tonight.

The old Mogul #38 has brought a couple of reefers filled with the first of the local apple crop to the Ice House to be iced before they are dropped off at the interchange on their way to the big city.

BusyDayCooleys1w.png

BusyDayCooleys2b.png

That juice train sure has a ton of horsepower on the front end!

I bought a couple of Cat B25 heavy duty forklifts this week (after a long search that I finally involved the Atlas RR forum denizens in), so I decided it was time to work up a "scene" for them at the industry I bought them for on my layout:

IMG_0458.sized.jpg

IMG_0469.sized.jpg

IMG_0468.sized.jpg

Great shot's Ray and Jeff

The brakes came on and the main line's blocked, Fred the engineer is giving technical advice to Jack
Go on jack HIT IT
PB190056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back