Weekend Workbench: 2023

Yeah been working out side all day. Grime now till Fall I’m pretty busy outside so post here will be few and far between.

This topic kind of faded away but it’s a good place to post things that don’t quite go elsewhere.

I made some roads today and thought I’d show them off.
Normally I use 150 - 185 grit grey sandpaper painted black, then wear it down with a steel block. This time I tried black sandpaper and painted it grey, but went a little heavy with the application.
For N scale I’d use maybe 200 grit, I also recommend cloth backed and not paper if you’re using a water based adhesive.
I’ll weather it further later and add the lines.

A07448F9-B2E4-457F-B481-305D23D344B4.jpeg

7442FC92-6557-4B93-9758-2135007FA5F5.jpeg

Last edited:
This topic kind of faded away but it’s a good place to post things that don’t quite go elsewhere.

I made some roads today and thought I’d show them off.
Normally I use 150 - 185 grit grey sandpaper painted black, then wear it down with a steel block. This time I tried black sandpaper and painted it grey, but went a little heavy with the application.
For N scale I’d use maybe 200 grit, I also recommend cloth backed and not paper if you’re using a water based adhesive.
I’ll weather it further later and add the lines.

View attachment 176755

View attachment 176767
I’ve never been successful using sandpaper sheets for roads. Maybe because they have always been paper backed. That road the bus is on looks great. Thanks for the tip

Back