Weekend to fun 3-11 / 3-12

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Woho another weekend, and I'm off EARLY again!!! I kinda like this, supposedly I get next Friday off, I really hope so, it'll call for a run to AZ, with a multitude of stops on the way for railfanning! Hows about some new pics for this weekend.

Title edited by CBCNSfan

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering what to make of the post title, Josh, since WTF has a particular meaning to me that's not necessarily related to trains.

This was a $5 birdhouse from Michael's craft store that I'm turning into a cabin for my layout. It had a hole in the front, and a perch, so I cut around that to make a doorway. I also cut a couple of window openings on the sides to fit windows left over from previous kits.

Those of you who read "Garden Railways," probably saw the two projects like this featured in their February issue. What's funny is that I didn't see the article until a few days after I bought the birdhouse! Honest!!!! :D

I should have it finished and posted again before the weekend's over. (You won't mind a little fresh paint smell, will ya?
View attachment 3008

RCH said:
I was wondering what to make of the post title, Josh, since WTF has a particular meaning to me that's not necessarily related to trains.
SHHH, lol I'll keep my explaination of my error to the PM I sent to Willis... Thanks for the error fix Willis!

The supplies arrive.So,now I can start building my N Scale layout.The layout will be on the door..I included a shot of a short C&HV local for fun..

Don't have much to show this weekend.

Here is a switcher (Ex Ma & Pa), 0-6-0, that I started painting last year. Course I put it into the Alabama Central scheme. :p Got this far but still haven't finished it. Got a little more weathering to do, some touchup, plus adding some more detail that would be a part of a well used switcher, chains, tool boxes, a crew.:):)

Hope ya like!;););)

Brakie Looking good, can't wait to see some more! Mostly atlas stuff you got?

CJ Looks great! Much better then I can ever do on a Steam Engine. I think I need to make freinds with someone who's good at weathering around here, but who can't detail and, erm, paint like I do, so we can trade off.

Josh,All of my track and engines are Atlas.My N Scale car fleet consists of Atlas,Athearn,Red Caboose,Micro Trains and Roundhouse.
I will also be getting 2 Athearn NS SD70Ms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gang, just admiring everybody's work...

Claudia, ins't it amazing what a treasure-trove of modeling ideas can be found in a Michaels store! If you can do that with a simple bird house, imagine the possibilities with a Purple Martin[/b] house!;)

Brakie - Are you switching over [no pun intended] from HO to N? Nice looking geep BTW...

Carey - I like! That switcher already looks pretty nicely detailed and weathered, to my uncultured eyes.

Josh - I'm still waiting to see the pix of your latest weekend kitbash/paintshop project. What's it gonna be?

I've already posted a dozen photos of my most recent project [with some long-winded commentary] on my Iron Belt blog, post #113, so I don't see any point in doing a redundant post here. Have a great weekend y'all (whats left of it)!

Ken,I have always been a N Scaler at heart so,it was a matter of time when I would give up on HO due to lack of space for a layout except for a "L" shape industrial switching layout.90% of my HO is packed away the other 10% I will be using at the local HO club..I also join a N Scale club.
Oddly I find it easier to work on N Scale left handed and with the thumb and forefinger on my right hand.The reason I use my right thumb and forefinger is I lost the use of my right hand after having a major heart attack and have regain 60% use of the thumb and forefinger which makes easy to work on N Scale and a bear to work on HO...

CSX_road_slug said:
Claudia, isn't it amazing what a treasure-trove of modeling ideas can be found in a Michaels store! If you can do that with a simple bird house, imagine the possibilities with a Purple Martin house.
Wow! Thanks so much for the tip. I Googled "Purple Martin," and found another treasure trove on this wonderful site. In fact, one of the items featured on the home page looks like a bird cage I found at a yard scale. The Husband removed all its wires today, so it will soon become a gazebo in the park on my layout.

Claudia, glad I could help!:D

Josh, nice work - it'll be quite awhile before I have time to devote that much tender-luvin' care to my locos...

Brakie - that's a pretty intense story about the heart attack:eek: , glad you survived it...

CSX_road_slug said:
Josh, nice work - it'll be quite awhile before I have time to devote that much tender-luvin' care to my locos...
Gotta start the TLC somewhere's, eventually it'll pass onto rolling stock and then the layout.

Back