Weekend plans for new backdrop Jan 13, 14, 15.

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
I have my weekend project lined up. Building a new backdrop. I got new poster paper today for the back plate. The scene is printed but still needs to be cut out, that's a couple hours work right there. I have to take down the old back plate, as the backdrop on it is fading and is definately looking it's age. The new back plate will have to be assembled and attached to the wall. This will be done with wood glue, as before, and the back plate will be held in place with thumb tacks until the glue dries. The seams will be covered with masking tape, then the whole thing will be painted Nimble Blue. After the paint is dry, the printed sections will be joined together and attached to the back plate with a thin layer of white glue and allowed to dry. The last touch will be to add some clouds.

These are pics with the present backdrop. The new backdrop will be very similar. It will be brighter, not as faded as this one is. It will also be crisper so that my structures will blend into it better. Consider these as BEFORE photos.

Deleted due to copyright changes. 01/17/07

Last edited by a moderator:
OK! It might of been my eyesight but I thought it looked pretty darned good before. So now we're expecting to see a real treat :D

Cheers Willis

The only reason they looked that good is because I darkend the pics. Before, the backdrop just showed up as a faded wash, like a sun-bleached soda can.

Back