Weekend Photos 11-11

RexHea said:
Thank you very much, Jarrell and a big welcome to the forum. KenL posted that you ask about me on the otherforum, but I never could find out where.

I hope you plan on hanging around. You sure will find some friendly folks over here. You can still work both as many do, but I know you will enjoy our company. I venture over there some, but have tried to stay away from all the danged fussing. Be sure and check out our coffee shop. Its much smaller and easier to keep track of. I know everyone will welcome you to join in on the daily gossip.

Jarrell, as you probably have noticed there are a lot of forum subjects to choose from here. The easiest way to get started is to select "active topics" or "New Posts" on the same bar as the sign in. Oh, yeah. Don't worry about getting replies to your post on any of the subforums. It may seem lonely, but many will spot your post and respond. There a thread/clinic on Modelrail Photography http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2426that you may want to look over and they run a monthly photo contest for
fun.
Thank you again for the compliment, but your photo is absolutely outstanding and you couldn't have picked a better subject than the E6 Tennessean. I hope you will post more of your work.

Thanks for the welcome Rex, and everybody else! I'm the least knowledgeable of anyone here on the hobby so I'll be asking a ton of dumb questions! I see a few people, such as Chip, come here and over 'there', so I feel at home already. Rex, you have one awesome layout going and I know you must be proud of it. I know I would be!
Jarrell

jbaakko said:
That is friggin awsome! I may have to test that once I build my winter diorama, with a little snow on the train, and all... *drool*

And I can't wait to see it! Small dioramas are great for this kind of thing. The area for my picture is only about 3 or 4 inches deep by about 2 1/2 feet long and as you can see only about 1 foot of that length is in the picture. It is actually my programing track that I decided to scenik up a little, done on a piece of scrap 2 inch blue extruded foam and I got tired of looking at the blue.. :)
Jarrell

Hello Jarrell,Chip and Grande! how you do'in,Nice work!!I was just woundering if you throught about putting an Engineers in you Loco's??I think it would be great!Keep up the great work!!Chip that one guy you have sitting at the end of the building,don't know If I'd trust him??LOL

JIM

oleirish said:
I was just woundering if you throught about putting an Engineers in you Loco's??I think it would be great!

Hey Jim. Actually, I've been thinking just that. We have several seated WS engineer figures laying around...

jacon12 said:
Thanks for the welcome Rex, and everybody else! ... I see a few people, such as Chip, come here and over 'there', so I feel at home already...
Jarrell, glad to see you found your way here and have been reunited with your friends!

oleirish said:
Hello Jarrell,Chip and Grande! how you do'in,Nice work!!I was just woundering if you throught about putting an Engineers in you Loco's??I think it would be great!Keep up the great work!!Chip that one guy you have sitting at the end of the building,don't know If I'd trust him??LOL

JIM

I've thought about it too, if I can find some I like... like maybe Preisler (sp?) figures. They look good.
Jarrell

Chip,I think that fella loafing on the end of the sand house should be given a brush and a bucket of silver paint and go to work repainting the building..Nice weathering..:D

Getting engineers into trains can be challenging. Not only do they have to look right they have to be the right shape, etc. My last engineer was actually a hard hat guy who eas truning a valve with a T wrench. I had to file the hat to the right shape, doctor the arms a bit, and cut him off at the waist.

climax04.gif

In the open cab, it is much easier. This guy was a backpacker, All I had to do is file off the backpack.

hogex02.gif

As for the guy at the sand house. It's his break. Of course, I've never actually seen him "work."

Jarrell, Jim,

Welcome. Nice set of people here. A lot less clutter. You'll like it.

If there's one thing I've learned from this site, it's that Eric'c cops get around his layout. Makes you wonder how they have so much time for doughnuts.

(And they still haven't caught Billy Bob.)

Actually, I don't believe Billy Bob really exists. I think he's kind of an invented scape goat for all the trouble on the Grande.

SpaceMouse said:
Jarrell, Jim,

If there's one thing I've learned from this site, it's that Eric'c cops get around his layout. Makes you wonder how they have so much time for doughnuts.

(And they still haven't caught Billy Bob.)

Actually, I don't believe Billy Bob really exists. I think he's kind of an invented scape goat for all the trouble on the Grande.

What do you think the new 67 Ford squad car is for?:D :D :D

jacon12 said:
Under the 'Southern' moon..
My Lifelike P2K E6

JaRRell

Hey JaRRell, welcome over to the good side!!

Great picture of the E6, say that moon looks just like the one we have over this side of the globe:D

Ken.

NZRMac said:
Hey JaRRell, welcome over to the good side!!

Great picture of the E6, say that moon looks just like the one we have over this side of the globe:D

Ken.

Hey... you're not fooling Rex and me. We know the moon is upside down... down under.. :D
Jarrell

railroading

Jarrell
you use an tri-pod for your shots don't you?:D and I allso see the importance of liteing!I think I'am going to try a few new things with my realy bad photos,:eek: You guys rock,:cool: Grande Have you ever throught of glueing an fig to the side of your police car,then,you can move him around the layout,I've one done that way,it works great!!Chip out standing work:D on you buildings!If that is for your club,I can imagin what your new lay out will look like!!!
JIM:)

RexHea said:
HI Ken,
I thought the moon was upside down in NZ :confused: .

No, mate, it's not the MOON that's upside down, it's NZ that's upside down! (Think about it! Globe? Round? Top and bottom? Get the picture?) LOL

Love them Kiwis!

Darrell, upright and quiet...for now

Back