Weekend Photos 11-11

NZKen/Chip:
Most of the fish are too drunk and blur eyed to strike anything. Seems that they got a hold of the fermented corn mash that was dumped into the creek upstream.
Darned Revenuers! :D :D

Gee, I'm not sure I want to post anymore photos this week after Rex uncorked those pics of that little piece of his model world. :D

Aw, what the heck. How bout some I took this afternoon of the Stewart FTs...:D

#550 rolls into the Cherokee Station power generating plant.
118694639.jpg

Switchman preparing to align a route to the Mine District.
118694636.jpg

Not 1:87 or 1:160, but trains nonetheless:

I have no new model photos to contribute this week, but I did snag a little 1:1 action at my friendly neighborhood grade crossing. When I saw this GE "warbonnet" parked in the passing siding at the Woodstock, MD grade crossing, I figured I should snap a few pics - might be worth something someday.

Here sits BNSF #621, on hold:
agv.jpg

Ditch lights came on as the signal changed from red to green:
agw.jpg

As 621 slowly lumbered past, the tall trees robbed me of any decent light :mad:, so the camera's flash automatically activated. Notice the weird effect it had on the reflective tape strips:
agx.jpg

Here are some of the trailing units in that consist: (1) a road slug (ex-GP35)...
agy.jpg

...mated to (2) a very worn-out-looking GP40-2:
aha.jpg

Here today... gone tomorrow?

I've been putting my layout together... To sum up its a triple-deck HWY system, complete with a metro. If you think it looks bad, consider building it without all of it falling apart...

Next week I'll build a depo, pass. station and industries out of Lego.

So what exactly have I done? Lets look at the general progress from A to D

Last week (repost)
View attachment 2085
Friday
View attachment 2086
Saturday/Sunday
View attachment 2087
View attachment 2088

Great pics guys. Ken, railfanning is true "quality" time, isn't it?

A few more pics from tonight's operating session...

Geeps lead a mixed fright.
118739188.jpg

I know the stinking alarm went off, but I told you, I'm the plant manager!
118739184.gif

SD7 in town.
118739182.gif

Eric, with the excellent modeling and photography skills you have and the beautiful locomotives that roam your layout, you can't post enough to suit me.;) Keep'um coming!

Great work everyone. Matt: Your not fooling me. You took a picture of a real container. :D

I did some more work on my AC4400s this weekend...

This is a shot of #8099 & 8288 with the OMAX unit coal train rolling through Stone City, IA:
img29570xw.jpg

RexHea said:
...After so much stress and work on building this scene, it is grand to feel that I accomplished something worthy of your wonderful compliments.
Rex, relax and enjoy it man, you earned it! BTW - Jarrell C. ("jacon12") on the Old Forum was asking about you, so I invited him over here.

grande man said:
Ken, railfanning is true "quality" time, isn't it?
You bet, Eric! Especially when it just happens "spontaneously" like this one did...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Zephyr, who painted that backdrop? It's beautiful. And there's something familiar about it...

grande man said:
Jerrell, it's great to see you here. That pic is absolutely fantastic! Care to tell us how ya did it??? ;)

Hey there Grande Man~
I was going to post this...
52076884.gif

but I forgot it. One strobe sitting up about 6 feet and aimed down on the model from behind. A black cloth for a background and a piece of white paper in the position you see to throw light back into the shadow side. I went outside and shot the moon and added it in. That's basically it, pretty simple really, not a lot of complicated lighting I mean.. :)
Jarrell

Thank you very much, Jarrell and a big welcome to the forum. KenL posted that you ask about me on the otherforum, but I never could find out where.

I hope you plan on hanging around. You sure will find some friendly folks over here. You can still work both as many do, but I know you will enjoy our company. I venture over there some, but have tried to stay away from all the danged fussing. Be sure and check out our coffee shop. Its much smaller and easier to keep track of. I know everyone will welcome you to join in on the daily gossip.

Jarrell, as you probably have noticed there are a lot of forum subjects to choose from here. The easiest way to get started is to select "active topics" or "New Posts" on the same bar as the sign in. Oh, yeah. Don't worry about getting replies to your post on any of the subforums. It may seem lonely, but many will spot your post and respond. There a thread/clinic on Modelrail Photography http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2426that you may want to look over and they run a monthly photo contest for
fun.
Thank you again for the compliment, but your photo is absolutely outstanding and you couldn't have picked a better subject than the E6 Tennessean. I hope you will post more of your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
jacon12 said:
Hey there Grande Man~
I was going to post this...
52076884.gif

but I forgot it. One strobe sitting up about 6 feet and aimed down on the model from behind. A black cloth for a background and a piece of white paper in the position you see to throw light back into the shadow side. I went outside and shot the moon and added it in. That's basically it, pretty simple really, not a lot of complicated lighting I mean.. :)
Jarrell
That is friggin awsome! I may have to test that once I build my winter diorama, with a little snow on the train, and all... *drool*

Back