Weekend Photos 11-11

SpaceMouse

Fun Lover
Here's some more of the structures I'm doing for the club.

club05.gif

club09.gif

club06.gif

club07.gif

club08.gif

Fantastic work, Chip! Those look great.

We go a couple of new Mini Metals vehicles this week...

Hey Joe, forget the taxi. Hop on, I'll give you a ride to work? Nice Charger, but you of all people should be a believer in GM reliability...
118443714.gif

thanks G man

I wanted to upgrade one of the pictures.

club10.gif

An earlier picture.

club03.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Chicago, the interchange point between my modern-day New York Central System, and my friend Eric's SPSF Railway:

chicagointerchange.jpg

Models are real, backdrop is digital.

Chip - Great work on the structures and the figures! I think I recognize the tank from my visit to the layout, don't exactly remember where though. Who made the figures - Preiser or someone else?

GM - Those Mini Metals are great aren't they! I have about half a dozen of them myself for my 1970-era scenes.

MTRPLS - fantastic work with that backdrop!:cool:

CSX_road_slug said:
Chip - Great work on the structures and the figures! I think I recognize the tank from my visit to the layout, don't exactly remember where though. Who made the figures - Preiser or someone else?

When you were at the club they were in the center as surplus. They were bright orange. The guys were attatched. Great detail on them for HO.

Chip: Orange? Wow! You sure did an excellent job in putting life into them.

mtrpls: Beautiful locomotives! Almost makes me want to make a time jump for the layout just to have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I think it's time to post my Gorge/Blue Creek scene. I still have a lot of surrounding scenery to do, but these photos will give you an idea of my progress. Hope you don't mind the number of photos and overlook my photography skills.

BUSY DAY AT THE GORGE!

aff.sized.jpg

afg.sized.jpg

afh.sized.jpg

A closer look at the rapids/falls.

afi.sized.jpg

CjCrescent hand laid the rails, ties, and guard rails for me on my girder bridge. It only took him 9 hours (with all my interuptions.):D

afj.sized.jpg

afk.sized.jpg

OMG!!!! Where's my fishing gear?

That is the best modelled water I have ever seen, well done Rex.

Ken.

Rex I have to agree with Mac!:p You really improved upon the water since yesterday! It really is the best water I've EVER seen! No doubt about that!

I don't know what else to say other than DA**GOOD JOB BUBBA!:D :D :D :D :D

NZRMac said:
OMG!!!! Where's my fishing gear?

That is the best modelled water I have ever seen, well done Rex.

Ken.

Trout, are itty bitty things. Rex, when you going to model a lake so we can go after musky.

Rex,
That's incredible! I love the rapids and the cascades. Makes me want
to rip my creeks up and start over. Beautiful work! Dave

Rex,

If I didn't know better I'd think I was looking at the Yougiogheny(sp?) River in western PA, a popular whitewater rafting destination in my region. Best I've ever seen!:cool:

Rex;
My ISP appears to be acting up again as usual for a Sunday. So just in case my reply doesn't come thru, I got the bigger pix from the layout.

Fellas, this water has to be seen in real life to be believed! It looks even better that way! I remember a year or so (maybe even longer) there was a "mini clinic" over on trains.com about a stream and a waterfall that someone had done. IMHO What Rex has accomplished is about 100 times better than what was done there.

REX
you are the man
What great water, i'd love to run a train over that trestle but i'm way over the other side of the pond

Thank you everyone. After so much stress and work on building this scene, it is grand to feel that I accomplished something worthy of your wonderful compliments. I certainly had no idea on how to do this in the beginning. I just read everything I could, looked at a lot of photos, and darn sure listened to any advice I could get. :)

Back