Weekend Photofun Dec 7th to Dec 9th

The week at RJR

White Lines ... and signs

noentry.jpg

Giveway.jpg

Station platform tops (need painting yet) and ballast

S7002640.jpg

S7002636.jpg

Cut outs in platforms (circled ) are the positions for the subways Blue will connect to Blue and the Red will allow access from the high rise flats to the station

S7002634.jpg

via something like this

subwaystairsmadebyjake.jpg

(drawing by my 11 year old on Sketchup)

John
RJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Love those shots ! Nicely done, John.

I really love that first shot. What's that white triangle mean? Is that like a stop sign?

Larry the foundry guy

Nice work John, really liked the look of track in third shot. Great weathering.

Bob, great photo. First thought was morning startup, then looking at the guy standing over at the side, I couldn't decide if he was drinking coffee or a beer. LOL

Here is a project I started last weekend, just trying to make a switcher look like it was really in use, instead of fresh out'a the box.
Starting point is a BB SW7

SW2426a.jpg

Then some paint, added details, ect.

SW2426-01.jpg

SW2426-02.jpg

SW2426-04.jpg

Still gotta decal the headlamp boards and make a antenna, maybe add strobe, but done for now.

This is a model I made about 3yrs ago. It started out as a Roundhouse Boxcar. It is a MOW catenary/electrical repair car. It is out of their 3-in-1 set they put out. The platform was scratch built from Plastruct shaped styrene, and actually raises and lowers.
View attachment 7929

Here's the platform in the raised positions.
View attachment 7930

I like how the weathered paint job came out on this model. You can see the wood grain showing through in this photo.
View attachment 7931

Fred, Thanks for compliment. The rad. cover is toilet paper, the window shades are made from gift wrap tissue paper.

Ron, nice work on repair car.

OK, here's a few more.

It's a set of AHM PRR passenger cars from the early 80's. It's actually a 6 car set but I have to fix one of the coaches. The engine is a Broadway Limited GG-1. I need to reinstall the lighting for them. Does anyone have any ideas for DCC? Does it require special handling for DCC?
Ye know what?... I'll repost this question in the wiring/electric thread.

View attachment 7935

View attachment 7936

View attachment 7937

See you next WPF!

Here is another kitbash from the Roundhouse 3-in-1 kit. It is a fire rescue water tanker. The upper platform, railings and ladders were 99% scratch built.

View attachment 7932

View attachment 7933

The couple hoppers are actually made back when I was an early teenager(over 20 years ago). They still haven't been lettered yet... someday;) . They are Roundhouse also.
View attachment 7934

Pretty sweet. Was tossing around an idea similar to that for a copy of NJT's aquat train for the fall leaf season.

!

What a wide mix of images! Benchwork, inside a highly colourful backshop, near swichting yards,...wow!

Two of mine, nothing really new. Just different...

IMG_1557c.JPG

IMG_1554c.jpg

OK, here's a few more.

It's a set of AHM PRR passenger cars from the early 80's. It's actually a 6 car set but I have to fix one of the coaches. The engine is a Broadway Limited GG-1. I need to reinstall the lighting for them. Does anyone have any ideas for DCC? Does it require special handling for DCC?
Ye know what?... I'll repost this question in the wiring/electric thread.
Rapido's passenger car lighting system is a sweet deal.

John, you've made a lot of progress, as usual. I still can't get over how good those paper retaining walls look. Would you mind sending your 11 year old over here for a few weeks to do some 3-d modeling for me? He obviously understands it a lot better than I do. :)

Ron, you've really been putting some hours in too. I like those kitbashed kits.

R. Wildon, I hope you don't mine some constructive criticism. Everything you've done to the SW-7 looks great except the long hood handrail. The Santa Fe varied between leaving that hand rail blue to painting it yellow on the ends or yellow for the entire length. The handrail you have is so think that it's obscuring the details of the road name and the top of the hood. I would either repaint it blue or find some finer wire if you want to stay with yellow.

Crandell, that Trainmaster looks good. I was always wondered how winded some of those crews were when they finally climbed all the steps to get to the cab. :)

Here's a few of my own. In the first picture, the P&N 638 waits patiently at Hillside station. Things are actually looking pretty flush for the chronically poverty stricken shortline since the train contains one revenue car, a grain hopper for the brewery. In addition, there are a few passengers taking the combine over the 22 undulating miles to the big city of Montgomery for some Christmas shopping. The Southern local is due in about 15 minutes and there should be a few passengers transferring for the trip to Montgomery. CEO Billy Ray is hoping they can actually fill all five pairs of seat on the combine this fine Dixie morning:

638atstationMedium.jpg

For the shoppers who stayed in town, Hillside's version of a traffic jam has developed in the early evening as cars jockey for spots to park and avoid the P&N tracks, since they never know when Spike might take it in his head to make a delivery or pick up in the industrial area at the end of the downtown spur. The Christmas lights hanging over the street contribute to a festive atmosphere.

MainStChristmasnightMedium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been scratchbuilding the tail car to follow the 737 fuselage transport car. Here it is after two weeks of lunch hours.

06.jpg

Larry, The Triangle means "give way" as in stop if someone else is approaching on the main road.

Bob Like the picture (prefered the colours on last weeks though ;) )

Okrlroads that loco looks better.

Ron, I could almost be tempted to try On30 again !!

Jim, Always enjoy the stories that go along with the pictures, Christmas decorations look good.

Paul just been looking a your link to see the fuselage car, great detail on the cradle. I used to work for an aircraft tooling company and we built lots of that kind of stuff mainly for Nimrods and Hawks. You have really captured the look.

John
RJR

Nice work everyone, great start to the weekend
Wigan model show Fantastic is the only way to describe it, Bachmann were there with the new Dynamis controler john got, they had a selection of there sound equipped locos to try out, good fun. got some new tankers and metal wheelsets to finally get rid of the last plastic axle fitted wagons,

got some great pictures for later

RMC Quarry scene, fantastic OO gauge layout with fully operational stone loaders, great model this one
10-08-07014-1.jpg

10-08-07018-2.jpg

10-08-07016-5.jpg

10-08-07017-3.jpg

And this was a trestle and a half, and it was all pinned together, stunning work, the same builder had also scratch built or bashed all the rolling stock and fitted them all with ALL female engineers, nice
poor matt was getting tired bye this time
10-08-07001-3.jpg

baby you can drive my train any day, please excuse the flash pictures, it was very dark inside, the flash ruins the colours
10-08-07002-6.jpg

10-08-07003-3.jpg

Nice brass O gauge class 08 shunter in action
10-08-07006-2.jpg

a modern day scene, lots of small firms operate from under viaduct arches in the UK
10-08-07028-3.jpg

10-08-07022-3.jpg

Back