weekend photofun 24-26 October 08

This weeks shots for me are in Black and White, Well it is 1961 !

Looking down from the top window of the mill

textcamerasetting2.jpg

Looking across the yard
textcamerasetting1.jpg

"I'm terribly sorry sir but its the wotsit thingy that needs replacing"
textcamerasetting4.jpg

Albert puts his best foot forward, into some unknow yuk !
textcamerasetting3.jpg

My favourite "the next train departing ...."
textcamerasetting.jpg

John
RJR

Hi: Nicely done John, the brick work is outstanding! Mean time, back at Blackwood, the crew of #633 is busy switching loaded coal hoppers.

P1020537.png

Wow, John, some pretty convincing pics! Man I had to look again at the last one especially!! Great start.

Johnny

Great work, John. It's still hard to believe that most of that brickwork is paper.

Gramps, nice haze effect on that picture.

Here's some more progress on the coaling station. The rafters have been weathered and the sheet metal for the roof has been cut to size.

P1010211-1.jpg

P1010214.jpg

Very nice work, John, DJ, and Jeff. You fellows produce good results. :D

I have been weathering a Rivarossi H-8. I have to make some adjustments yet, add some, tone down some, and the drivers still need a lot of work...some haven't even been touched.

In this image, it is apparently an overcast day. The Allegheny is arriving at Seneca Falls Sub via the interchange from across the River, and is clearly dirty from encountering track where the ballast had considerable silting built up after some years. She'll need a longer servicing when she puts into shops in the next day or so.

IMG_3628cadjsharpr.png

i was planning on taking some pics this past week for this weekend. But work and final wedding stuff has put it on hold. Wedding is this Sunday so nothing for atleast a week.

Just doing a little roofing work on an old coaling station this week. I want the structure to have the appearance that it was abandoned and hasn't been used for decades.

P1010215.jpg

P1010218.jpg

And now the other side.

P1010222.jpg

P1010219.jpg

I should have the top done by next weekend.

John
Neat black & white shots!

Grampystrains
Cool looking coal drag!

Jeffery
Nice job on the coaling tower!

Selector
Great looking loco and shot!

Well I don't have anything amazing too add this week just more progress on my layout, I started laying cork (in my opinion, the worst and hardest part) on my layout so far 20% done about.
IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

Nice photos everyone by the way!

Fred's Locomotive (and car!) Repair Shop and Brokerage has had the paint shed working overtime. I'll be taking photos of the results when the air dries up and the last coats of paint go on, but the word is that an entire train is almost done, the first complete HO scale Texas and Gulf Coast RR locomotive has been completed, and the PACE commuter train FP-45 has been spot painted for immediate service...

Back