WEEKEND photofun 14 15 16 September

Nicely done, but if you notice there's some thing that looks a little funny in that picture. Let's see if you can tell me what it is :)

Are you talking about light being on Jon and not being on the front of the loco? Prhaps we just can't see the photographer's light stands that light up his body.

Hi everyone! Cool pix so far.:cool:

I don't have any new model pics, but here's a few recent proto shots. :)

IMG_5209.JPG

IMG_4614.JPG

IMG_4606.JPG

IMG_4687.JPG

Are you talking about light being on Jon and not being on the front of the loco? Prhaps we just can't see the photographer's light stands that light up his body.

Yeah Chip, its the shadow on the front of the trains, the light on the trains is comming fromt he right side, and that of John is comming from the left, and it couldn't have been a flash light :) and another thing is that the lower part behind John, the scene is blurred, while his legs aren't :).

Well good job though John, nice work, just keep in mind the light before all, then comes the colour and texture matching ;)

( I hope you didn't get offended by commenting on your work !!! )

:eek:
Every time I see one, I imagine the days when there was not Big New Santa Fe. Oh well, thats life, I still love BNSF.
I think it comes from Bachmann train sets. They either have the blue and yellow, or the red and silver. It's almost like, 'wow, they made a full size version of little johnny's train!' Sorry, no photos from me, just random, meaningless observations. Good work everybody!

Thanks for the photos Grande Man, this one in particular gave me a better picture of the size, quality and colour of the ballast, and also of the rails side rusty colour, which is dark brown, darker then iron rust dine steel has more carbon in it.

IMG_4614.JPG

picture posted by GrandeMan

The first picture is a rare shot of a BNSF sandwiched between two NS big horses. The second is a shot of the following train, a piggy back.

badphoto01.gif

badphoto02.gif

hey Chip, U might think of taking a chainsaw next time, to cut the car roof pillar :p, or else park teh car facing the oncomming train to get a clearer front shot :)

nice pictures Chip, thanks for posting. BTW U might need to set your white balance, you might have noticed the redish tint on your pics.

I permitted myself to adjust one of your photos,( I hope you are not offended ), if you want me to remove it just say it.

railfan01ab.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the white balance set to auto. This was the first time I've ever taken this camera railfanning. There's a lot I'd do differently--like going earlier in the day so I am not looking into the sun--well it was overcast, but extremely bright.

Yeah photography needs some planning time too, U cannot just drop on the spot and shoot at will, U need to study the place and surroundings for obstacles and other things that might get in the way when shooting.

Anyway I still like your pics :) I wish I could see such trains live some day :)

Last I've been on a train was about 8 yrs ago, in Holland.

BTW the picture I "corrected" is not 100% too, because its a little greenish too :S

Some great shots of your work as usual folks.

About all I got done layout wise was to assemble and paint a couple of Ford model Ts. The one on the right is a 1924 Model TT one ton stakebed and the left is a 1925 Model T Roadster.

ModelTsAtHopewell2w.png

ModelTsAtHopewell3w.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Fooling around with the camera tonight , tried the sepia setting to see what it looks like. A shot of the yards.

sepia004.png

Fooling around with the camera tonight , tried the sepia setting to see what it looks like. A shot of the yards.

sepia004.png
Wow, I almost said "you've got a switcher on the road there" until I realized there IS track under it!

Back