WEEKEND photofun 14 15 16 September

Well let me start with a photo that I tried to post on last week's Photo Fun, but since I had trouble with the photo link I will re-post it here.

Diesel%20RS-3.jpg

This is my new purchase :)

Its more like WEEK photo fun now-a-days... Sheesh give Jeffrey a new camera and he posts non-stop... :rolleyes: (Kidding Jeffrey, we LOVE all the pictures!) :p :D ;)

Well let me start with a photo that I tried to post on last week's Photo Fun, but since I had trouble with the photo link I will re-post it here.

Diesel%20RS-3.jpg

This is my new purchase :)

So have you found a source for very good quality plastic folk or is there a bit of phototrickery going on :D :rolleyes: Either way nice pic

John
RJR

Why not? Go all week I say. Have camera, will click!

This pic was somewhat tricky to get. It was taken from the roof of the Midtown Consolidators shipping office.

P1010002.jpg

So have you found a source for very good quality plastic folk or is there a bit of phototrickery going on

Well a little photoshopping never harmed anyone ;) I just added a little touch to the photo ;)

Actually I donno if the scale of that guy is good comapred to the loco, since I don't see people on real ones. So I tried to guess a person's height on the loco. I took a closeup shot of my RS-3, found a guy that could fit the position and had the good lighting to match with the loco, and then fitted him in there :)

Today I rusted up the roofs of my engine house and foundry.

This is the foundry roof before:
P1010003-1.jpg

And after:
P1010003-2.jpg

This is the engine house roof before:
P1010002.jpg

And after:
P1010004-1.jpg

Wow, two pages and so few photos! :confused:

Here's my contribution, a SCRATCHBUILT depot, made from parts I had laying around my workshop.

clementinedepot003.png

clementinedepot004.png

Click on the link in my signature to see more of this, and other buildings, freight cars, and locomotives! ;)

Well I have paid off my SD40-2 but havent received it yet. I am guessing it'll take UPS till monday to get it shipped here.

Two MRL locos with chop noses. 4555 is Athearn GP7 with lowered nose and removed dynamic brake blister.
651 is RailPower SD9 with a new cab, fans and fuel tank.

MRLchops.jpg

Wow, well here's a start. I detailed this unit for a member of another forum, for half the value of an Athearn RTR CP AC4400. The other half will be used in the future towards a super detailed, and custom painted DM&IR SD45-2.

Nicely done, but if you notice there's some thing that looks a little funny in that picture. Let's see if you can tell me what it is :)

Back