WEEKEND photofun 14 15 16 September

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Wow Ray! Your work is fantastic. :cool: It's REALLY coming along nicely. :cool:

Here's a shot from earlier today on the S&NA North Sub.

Steve B

Firefighter
Todays pictures from Newton Heath open day, this depot servises a large fleet on commuter diesel multiple units operated by Northern Rail

re-fueling rack
10-08-07008-2.jpg

Loram rail grinding train
10-08-07042.jpg

main line certified standard class 4 76079
10-08-07028.jpg

and almost as old as the standard 4 is class 31 D5600 from the National rail museum at York, this loco was named "Newton Heath TMD" (traction maintenance depot) during the open day
10-08-07004-2.jpg

and another old diesel is class 20 087
10-08-07002-3.jpg

kjd

Go make something!
That one at the TMD looked like a monorail until I figured out the yellow part was a pit under the train.

Selector

Wow, what a compilation this weekend! Great photos, everyone. Jeffrey, yours, especially are coming along very nicely...noticeable improvement. :D

Okay, here are two that I took a couple of evenings ago. Enjoy, even if not a NYC or steam fan.

IMG_0953cr.jpg

Great pics everyone, lots of inspiration.

Here are the results of weathering my 57 this afternoon.

57side.jpg

57front.jpg

57back.jpg

and a group shot down the yard

depot.jpg

John
RJR

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Here's an oldie that many like. I hear there's a historical society trying to
come up with some rails and ties to be put down in an effort to move the
old engine.

P9120473.jpg

P9120463.jpg

tompm

Maxitrain
Awesome shot!

Jeffery
Nice shot! And great job on the roofs!

Miles
Great looking station!

Paul
Great looking locos!

Josh
Nice CN units!

Jeffery
Nice peeking out shot!

John
Neat shots!

Grandeman
Nice set of proto shots!

Jeffery
Another cool shot with the KCS loco and passenger car!

Chip
Cool proto shots!

Ray
Nice scenes!

GAPPLEG
Nice sepia shot!

Jeffery
Nice going on the ballast!

Grandeman
Cool CSX passing shot!

Cliff
Nice looking locos!

Jeffery
Neat shot!

Steve B
Great set of proto shots!

Selector
Great steamer!

John
Cool shots!

tompm

I finally got some Reading passenger cars!

ReadingPass_002a.jpg

IHC 2-8-2 Mikado – Reading

ReadingPass_004a.jpg

Bethlehem Car Works Combine – Reading

ReadingPass_006a.jpg

Bethlehem Car Works Coach – Reading

ReadingPass_008a.jpg

Bethlehem Car Works Coach – Reading

Maxitrains

OK, so here's my first night scene photo of my layout, long way to go but at least I got the light to the station.

I still need to put a light bulb on the mid doors, I had one there but it burnt out, and need to place a light in the 3rd section too.

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
If his camera has digital zoom, he doesn't have have to be close. I can take a pic of something 100 yards away and have it look like I was 20 feet from it.

JeffShultz

Stay off the tracks!
Well, yes, but those people inspecting the locomotive to the right look like they are entirely too close to the loco-on-stilts, and I don't think you can blame that on zoom compression effects.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.