Weekend Photofun 01/26 - 01/28

"Mrs. Ridge surely got a bee in her bonnet this time," said Jason McNeil. Foreman of the Rock Ridge Mine.

"We were promised, ladies," said Mrs. Ridge standing at the church podium and addressing the miners wives, "when we moved here, that we would have all the amenities that we had in Philadelphia. Yet still, we have to go up and down these step just to get from one building to the next."

"Furthermore, it is just plain degrading to walk through the mud in the middle of the night and ruin our clothing, just to use the little house."

In the end, the menfolk, under the pressure of abstinence, relented. They hired SpaceMouse, general contractor, to build, using the highest quality popsicle sticks, a level catwalk, joining the buildings and in the back a walkway giving the ladies dry access to the outhouses.

The problem: Uneven porches.

traincity75.gif

traincity77.gif

traincity76.gif

traincity78.gif

Great photos all! (as usual)

Thought I'd take a quick snap of my work table this weekend. I'm about half way through trimming the parts for 200 HO scale RoadRailers off the sprues. Some parts are being prepped for painting, the rest for assembly (and then more painting once assembled).

The rest of the table is covered in orders from eBay and my website. I enjoy selling trains, but I like building them more :D

Awesome Chip!

EDIT, just checked my eBay, add a new RPP SD60 locomotive/chassis with Athearn trucks, looks like I can get the SD50F on the rails soon! Also won an Athearn SD40 shell (retooled RPP). Thats due to be hacked for an SD39. Although I'll have to add the chassis, motor, and trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
job

Sushob That's quit a job, I mean it is your job. Also, I think, it is very important for many of us, MRRers, to see once and a while: a CLEAN work table and room.....:D
Steve and Grande Man: Beautiful pictures.BTW: did you count the wheels?( 70??)
Chip Like those picteres too. My "MRR brains" still have to use to the fact that your layout is modelled in the 1800-1900 timearea! I don't see that offen, hat of for you sir!

Jos

Jos 14 axles, 8 wheels per axle = a lot, 112 on the beam trailor which is about 2.6 ton's per tyre, not bad realy.

That's nothing, the big one's got 240 wheel's, A.L.E. just contacted me as they are going to use one of my pic's for the company magazine / portfolio,,, BTW the next superconductor transformer is 500 ton's, should be worth seeing.

SteveB You are going to be a great fotographer for railroadengines and heavy roadengines with more than 100 wheels and more than 100 ton's;)
Thanks for the pictures!( my sons want to thank you too!)

Jos

SteveB Does this guy use DCC or just DC( watch attachment)
:D :D :D

Jos

BTW 1244 wheels and eat your hat!!

Sushob That's quit a job, I mean it is your job. Also, I think, it is very important for many of us, MRRers, to see Once and a while: a CLEAN work table and room.....:D

Rest assured Jos, it is normally far from clean :eek: :rolleyes: . This table doesn't seem to accumulate quite as much stuff as it could, but the bench in the garage is rarely visible :eek:

Back