WeeKenD pHoTo Phun!!! 6/23

mtrpls

Ignorance is Patriotic
I'll kick it off this weekend!

So, tonight the mighty modern-day New York Central System had the honor of running on the Lockheed-Martin club layout. I also met up with our forumer Smoke, who brought his modern-day Southern diesels with him. We even pooled our power for a freight train!

The NYCS consist was led by SD90MAC #1001, followed by SD80MAC #1129 and SD70MAC #718.

Enjoy the pictures!

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

bridge.jpg

IMG_5582.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

The New York Central crewmembers quip, "We're not in the Bronx anymore!"

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

Atlas Corn Syrup Tankers... best tank car on the market!

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5609.jpg

The layout is primarily narrow gauge, but also features standard. Check out the dual gauge track! Some of the turnouts are pretty impressive!

dualtrack.jpg

At this point in the journey, Smoke's Southern SD70MAC will join the NYCS lashup for the steep climb upgrade...

IMG_5611.jpg

Smoke suggested that our 46-car freight was the longest train to run on the club layout...

IMG_5617.jpg

The Southern SD70MAC now nestled into the lashup:

IMG_5619.jpg

The major east coast players have taken over the mountain west, and in such style!

IMG_5620.jpg

Huh? Who's the Rio Grande? Never heard of it!

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

Awesome EARLY start to the weekend! Great pics! Gotta love that Southern/NYCS lash up!

Very nice, quality photos Matt! Glad you figured out how to use your camera for modeling photos, I figured a camera like that could turn out some high-quality photos. And nice pool power!

Smoke suggested that our 46-car freight was the longest train to run on the club layout...
That was the longest trains to ever touch the rails. The longest before this one was probably 30 cars or so.

Huh? Who's the Rio Grande? Never heard of it!
i've never heard of them before either. If you google "Rio Grande"........

Here are some more pictures of the pool power.
img6374vs9.jpg

img6378hn3.jpg

img6384he6.jpg

img6380bt5.jpg

img6389vt0.jpg

img6390aj4.jpg

img6393yi9.jpg

img6394cs6.jpg

-Smoke

Only sign we found today of any kind of rail operation at a dissused mine near home was this half burried tie and cast iron rail chair
P6220009.jpg

A C&O T1 overtakes a tied down C&HV extra on track 4.The C&HV extra is waiting a "rested" crew.
Picture002-5.jpg

A NYC Westbound passenger rolls by a Eastbound coal drag beneath the Appleton Station.

Picture034.jpg

Photos was taken on the Bucyrus MRR club's layout during last weekends 3 day open house.

Well, some more New York Central and Southern media. (as if you didn't already get your fill!)

Smoke and I have been collaborating on producing two videos of of the train we ran. Special thanks goes to GP30RDMT on YouTube for allowing us to use one of his soundtracks for our videos!

Here they are, about 10 MB each... but SO worth viewing!

Click here to view Video 1

Click here to view Video 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I see the NYC locos, to me it looks like they have been photoshopped from a B&W photo into a color photo. I like the effect.

For my photos this week, check out page 112 of the July RMC. My two Freemo modules and two of my locomotives are shown as well as yours truly. I was quite surprised when I picked it up and saw myself there.

Well, some more New York Central and Southern media. (as if you didn't already get your fill!)

Smoke and I have been collaborating on producing two videos of of the train we ran. Special thanks goes to GP30RDMT on YouTube for allowing us to use one of his soundtracks for our videos!

Here they are, about 10 MB each... but SO worth viewing!

Click here to view Video 1

Click here to view Video 2
I that 2nd video, if my reading is right, they're passing CP Acward, which, reads out as awkward!?

Oh man, I sure enjoyed the videos (and the photos)! They are so very real like, particularly adding the sound.
Only one problem: Smoke, shouldn't the Southern be the lead engine?:rolleyes: :D :D

Brakie: Love those long rails.;)

Here's my update...

Schneider, International COE tractor, needs an air dam still
View attachment 6747
View attachment 6748

One of 3 Walther Bi-level Commuter cars to become a BNSF business car. I'm going to do #40 "Fox River", #41 "Flathead River" & #87 "Skagit River". I've also got #31 "Bay View" stored in my closet.
View attachment 6749

My collection new stuff from packages from yesterday. Mailman buzzed and ran, so I had to pick them up this morning. There's six (6!) Auto-max cars, 3 Walthers Bi-levels, and a RPP SD60. I also got 4 CNW/UP snow plows.
View attachment 6750

Back