Weekend Photo Phun .... 5/13 5/14

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Well, here it is almost noon on Saturday and no place to show off what everyone has accomplished in the last week. So I guess it is up to me to get it rolling!

I have been working on the backdrop for the new room. It is almost done and by next weekend I hope to have the bench work done in front of it.

I will have a few more photos later to share. What have you folks been doing?

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
What have you folks been doing?
Well, certainly nothing as outstanding as what you've done! The backdrop is lovely... I can smell the fresh air. :)

It's May Grey / June Gloom season where we live --- two months of almost constant overcast --- so it's hard to get excited about playing outdoors with the train. Also, I've been busy getting ready for our vacation to Oregon next week. It will be my first Amtrak overnighter in eight years. I'll do a trip report after we return on the 24th.

Brakie

Hers what I been into..I been detailing my Athearn SW1500 and have plans on entering it in a local contest.Here is what I've gotten done so far..
I have added MU hoses,a 3 chime horn,painted the fuel tank and added a KD coupler box..Not bad for a old dog that has very limited use of his right hand.

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Brakie, Looks great so far. Bet you'll do great in the contest with it.

L_R and grande man, thank you for your kind words. I almost impressed myself this time. By the time I get done with all the backdrops, hopefully I will have some idea how to do it.... LOL I have one more 8' sheet to do sometime in the next few weeks after the benchwork is built.

Here are a couple of photos that I didn't choose for the May photo contest:

PassengerMay02.jpg

PassengerMay03a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RexHea

RAIL BENDER
Ray: That is a beautiful sky on your backdrop. When your not busy, just come on down and show me the technique. I am a bit on the slow side :confused: so it you may need to demonstrate on a 20 foot area.:D :D

Brakie: Very nice work. You should feel confident in entering the contest.

Claudia: Will certainly look forward to your trip report.

IronBeltKen

Lazy Daydreamer
Good morning gang,

This was an extremely busy non-MRR weekend for me [Mothers Day whaddya expect?:D] so, even thought I nearly finished the different projects I was working on, I never had any time for pix. I might have to wait another day or two - possibly even next Friday - before I can post my own. I acquired and painted/assembled a Walthers 'background' building kit, they call it Heritage Furniture but I'm using it as a publishing company. Also picked up Golden Valley Depot, a built-up:eek: .

Ray - as always, your skies are an inspiration to us all!

L/R - I'll look forward to seeing your Amtrak trip pix. I keep forgetting there are some forms of MRR that really are weather-dependent!

Brakie - thats a beautiful sw1500, great detail - is it really iNvisible-scale?

See you all later.

Brakie

Ken,That is a Athern SW1500..I dabble in both scales.:D

Thanks for the nice comments everybody and nice work all.

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Hummm, quiet weekend for everyone? I wasted about $500 this weekend, between food, drinks, gas, and stuff for the wedding, but I'm married now! No pis yet, Maybe this coming weekend.

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
Congratulations, Josh!!!!! So THAT'S where all the raucous party noise was coming from south of here. :)

Best wishes to both of you. We're coming up on our 50th. That "better or worse" part really works. :D

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
That "better or worse" part really works.
yep so they say, but when is it going to get better :D

Congratulations Josh, ignore previous part of my post :)
13.gif
Willis

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
*BLUSHES* Thanks everyone! She's getting to know my train obsession well now, she understands that BNSF powerbars are newer units (well mostly), and that I like BNSF and model BNSF & UP, and HO scale too:). And none of it really bothers her so we'll be good, I hope! Yesterday we went to Old Town in San Diego, and walked the shops, and I left with a replica poster from Union Pacific, looking like a late 1800's poster. I'll find a way to scan it someday soon. Found some RR police badges, I THINK they were replicas, but I might buy them too. I'm trying to build a collection of railroadina... She also like looking for "antiques" but I'm mostly looking for train stuffs.

Fun fun...

rhoward

S.L.O.&W. Trainman
jbaakko said:
*BLUSHES* Thanks everyone! She also like looking for "antiques" but I'm mostly looking for train stuffs.

Fun fun...

BTW, congratulations! May you have a long and happy marriage! Sounds like you are off to a good start. Can you say, "Antique train stuff"????:D :D :D

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.