Weekend Photo Phun 01/12 - 01/14

CP9302

I'll start us off for once...

CP sent a rare treat into the Oak Intermodal yard this week, TWO rebuilt SD45's! The CEFX unit is the newest addition to my collection. Both models are Proto 2000 engines. I patched and decalled the CEFX one. The CP one is straight outta the box. (A Rarity for me)

Lets see what you've all been up to!

Looks great CP9302! Here's my latest project. Weathering, detailing an "patching" an Atlas Conrail C40-8W to a NS road number. So far I've weathered the grills, "faded" the blue paint (which is very common for these units), replaced most of the pilot details with DW parts, and added the number patch decals. Now it's time for a little more "fine tuning" on the body weathering, weathering the trucks and frame, and she will be all set!

New_Numbers_001.jpg

New_Numbers_003.jpg

Kevin, thats a great model!! You should be proud. Im sure youve seen quite a few, but heres a couple ptorotype pics for ya.

Fred, Very Nicely done.

I doubt I'll have anything to contribute this weekend. I have a building kit or two ordered but they arent here. Maybe I'll find some new Vehicles or something. Either way I look forward to seeing everybody else's posts/progress

Nice work Kevin. How did you "fade" the paint? (airbrush white over it?)

I like that background too!

Fred, I'm not sure how he did it, but I airbrushed some white artists oil (the stuff from Wal*mart), thinned with Windex, and have yet to try an alcohol wash idea I've heard.

i painted my new plaster hill's today, the colour look's like cow dung but it's the lighting, honest, my cheapo digi cam has not got a light balance on it so i can't get rid of the green glow. Most of the hill's will be covered in vegitation so you won't see it anyway
P1130105.jpg

and the waste water creek under the line
P1130101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin and Fred Great work and pictures( so close to the object!), that is far above my "weathering skills"
Steve B I don't find it a strange kind of color! What is wrong with it? I think it is even better to start with a ocre/green or brown/green color : it represents the ground/soil much better ! so it will look great with the VEGETATIONat last! TREES:D lol
Your bridge scene will be( yet already) great Steve!
No pics from me..to busy with "Bob"s layout ;)

Jos

Steve: I hope those are not toxic waste drums floating in the waste water. We may have to report you to enviromentallists!

Steve, My friend, cow dung is not a bad thing in these parts:D . Seriously, your color looks fine. Like most models, the pictures just don't do it justice. I love the water scene, what did you use? It looks deep.

Johnny

Johnny the water is only 1/8" deep, i painted the base flat black with some dirty brown and green grime near the culvert then poured WS instand water, the liquid kind not the stuff you heat up.
Fred The environmentallist is either asleap on the job or it's toxic waste he just sniffed at:eek:
P1140102.jpg

Jos OK OK, i added some Tree's and bushes only temporary till i add the ground cover
P1140096.jpg

And a mother and child admire the view of the Yarrow valley as a BN unit coal train goes by them
P1140101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny the water is only 1/8" deep, i painted the base flat black with some dirty brown and green grime near the culvert then poured WS instand water, the liquid kind not the stuff you heat up.

Yeh, I used the same stuff on this scene and thought it was great........
cnw822_littletiddle_1.png

Till a month later when air from the foam escaped into it and caused my river to BUBBLE:mad: . So now I gotta redo it but man that stuff is a great one pour!! That close-up looks great!

Johnny

Are you sure that's a model shot Johnny? That looks freakin' incredible. Telephone wires and punks a$$ kids to boot! That is an inspirational shot!

Now for a couple more shots of my SD45's and new Athearn Coal hoppers. These shots would have looked better if posted BEFORE Johnny's :)

Keep up the great work everyone!

Back