WeEkEnD PhOtO FuN

200734155746_Box.JPG

Goodyear Hoppers

Great Pics everyone, Here's my contribution. They are two Goodyear Hopper cars I just finished putting together. They are exact replicas of one I use to crawl in and sweep down and then refill with Vinyl chloride resin !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use to

Great Pics everyone, Here's my contribution. They are two Goodyear Hopper cars I just finished putting together. They ar exact replicas of one I use to crawl in and sweep down and then refil with Vinyl chloride resin !!!!

"Use to" - So I guess your retired Paul.
Great looking cars.

NYC_George

I do not have model sir... . This weekend is Bhudda day, there is local fair in a Wat beside Thonburi South Line rail (the start point of the rail of death in WWII) while muslim community across Bangkoknoi canal set a youth muslim fair also. So, I scouted in my district area and I had found a tourist bike group of western people rided in the muslim community too. I would like to show Thonburi railway station; the left under thread. !!!

MLW that Soo unit is not away from home, that IS home for it now... Sad fate for the Soo Line.

Steve B
Nice shot and great looking bridge!

MLW
Great proto shots!

Paul
Nice looking hoppers!

P_Pop
Nice shots!

I did not get to run any trains but here a couple of shots of the what I was working on this past week until I ran out of trees. This is what is known as the mountainside and is the current construction project on the RK&M.

mountain_aa_001a.jpg

mountain_aa_002a.jpg

mountain_aa_003a.jpg

Tom....Dude....Those track need some serious MOW work. Looks good.

Here's the ore bin and tipple for my separation house.

traincity105.gif

traincity106.gif

Smoke,

I've not had to detail an engine yet. I have a couple that are waiting to be done for the club layout, but they are back-burnered. You can bet I'll be asking a lot of question here.

Eric,

Nice work on the hoppers. You have my comments on the other post. I really like the sanding tower.

Ken,

I spend several hours on the phone with Charlie Comstock for the "project." One of the things he described for me was making a contest winning shot using fog. He used dry ice which he dropped into hot water. That didn't dissipate the vapor fast enough, so he set his camera to f32 and a 30 second exposure during which time he shooed the fog onto the layout. Here's a picture from his site that MR rejected.

cs_05_c.jpg

Bob F,

I like the rocks (gravel) around the edges of the pond. My kids would love sunfish fishing along there.

Nate,

Looks like work to me.

John

Each week it gets better. Downspouts are a nice touch that adds subtle texture.

Crandell,

Question. Out of curiosity, what would you do differently if you were starting over? Nice drop-down by the way. I didn't really think you were looking for comments. Is it mostly up or down when you are in the pit?

Steve,

Interesting photo. It reminds me of when I was hiking the Sierras and these big thunderheads would come over. They were so thick that very little light came through. Then when they passed it the sun was really bright. You shot that with a flash, right?

MLW,

You sure managed to find some dilapidated cars. The engine shots were nice.

Paul,

Those hoppers are a mite purdty.

Pop_P

Thanks for the nice shot of the service area. It is educational to me.

Tom

I don't know where your layout is located, but that looks like California Coastal Sage Scrub in spring when it is green. Reminds me of hiking trips along the coast.

Thanks Chip!! Much appreciated! Make me feel like I am doing something right!!...and I learned allot here!

Smoke,

I've not had to detail an engine yet. I have a couple that are waiting to be done for the club layout, but they are back-burnered. You can bet I'll be asking a lot of question here.

Did I miss something?? What do you mean??

-Smoke

SpaceMouse;43429[B said:
Crandell,[/B]

Question. Out of curiosity, what would you do differently if you were starting over? Nice drop-down by the way. I didn't really think you were looking for comments. Is it mostly up or down when you are in the pit?

Chip, as I have explained elsewhere, I prefer long runs, and the only way I could get that was by folding a loop with what I had to work. That meant a closed operating pit with everything around me. Around the wall would have meant two distinct levels, and that doesn't appeal to me.

If circumstances were better, I would not have a duck-under entry, that is a no-brainer. If I had most of the basement, I would use around the wall with peninsula. I will live with it until I bang my back once too often. Hopefully that will be just as we decide to sell and move into town.

Also, my turnout control would have been much better had I used Tortoises, or equivalent. The span in the middle makes getting to the other side of the pit an exercise in caution to throw manually. The span is mostly up.

I am happy I learned how to make turnouts, because the Fast Tracks ones are really slick. That part will never change.

-Crandell

Nice work everyone! Tom love that forest , Chip that ore tipple really looks great, P Pop looks like everyone is having fun ,NYC George I worked that job way back in the early seventies, I also use to unload Vinyl Chloride Cars , very dangerous work there . After 19 years it took a toll on my health and I had a medical retirement back in 1988 .

Wow, I haven't been here for awhile. My RR still sits as the Plywood Pacific since I've been busy with work and 1:1 scale. A few from a recent weekend working on SP 4404.

1. Charlie and myself taking a break.
2. Me working on a governor.
3. "Scene of the crime"

Back