WeEkEnD PhOtO FuN

Smoke

Southern Railway lives on
To start things off this week i'm almost done with my GP30. I have to put the horn and whistle on and paint the numberboards and then decal them. It's sitting next to my Atlas 8-40CW also receiving southern paint, and my SD75M also going to be receiving southern paint in the near future. My sd90mac rpp shell is also sitting there.
img5218kg2.jpg

img5217yp4.jpg

-Smoke

Smoke, you must have read my mind. :D I posted the other wpf thread 1 minute after you posted this one. Oh well, the other one just "went away". ;)

Here's my meager contribution...

Grande geep nudges a coal load into position.
234585019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[LATER EDIT] Somebody flip-flopped the threads on me while I was trying to respond to another WPF...!:rolleyes:

Eric - Great to see ya back in these parts! Nice-looking dwarf in the lower right, maybe someday I'll get those on my layout (one thing at a time LOL)

Smoke - Great job on the hi-nose GP30, if I didn't know you're an N-scaler I'd have thought it was HO with that kind of detail. And that AC4400 looks great in a tuxedo...:cool:

Here's a pair of shots of the same scene. I thought I'd try Fog-In-A-Can since Paul Dolkos uses it when he photographs layouts for MR. The first shot is 'before', the second one is after I inundated the area with the 'fog' (totally non-toxic and non-residue):

[LATER EDIT] Somebody flip-flopped the threads on me while I was trying to respond to another WPF...!:rolleyes:

Eric - Great to see ya back in these parts! Nice-looking dwarf in the lower right, maybe someday I'll get those on my layout (one thing at a time LOL)

Smoke - Great job on the hi-nose GP30, if I didn't know you're an N-scaler I'd have thought it was HO with that kind of detail. And that AC4400 looks great in a tuxedo...:cool:

Here's a pair of shots of the same scene. I thought I'd try Fog-In-A-Can since Paul Dolkos uses it when he photographs layouts for MR. The first shot is 'before', the second one is after I inundated the area with the 'fog' (totally non-toxic and non-residue):
I fooled you it's actually HO scale.

Smoke - Great job on those locos

Eric - Love the trackside details

Ken - That fog-in-a-can works great. Really makes it look like a harbor scene.

Sorry for the bait and switch, Ken. :D The downcombers on the blast furnace in the distance remind me of home. ;) Great shots!!! (and work).

This week I scratched an ore separator house for the Rock Ridge Mine. Here's the prototype.

l.jpg

Here's my version with just the base paint coat. It is wood siding instead of steel.

traincity100.gif

traincity101.gif

traincity102.gif

traincity103.gif

We'll see how far i get this weekend.

Great job Space. Are you going to put it on a tipple like the proto?

I've got a critique thread going on this weathering job, but here's one of our new hoppers. It's one of the few I've used india ink on during weathering.
234772763.gif

Couple shots of the club last night...(don't mind the date, I thought I deleted it from my camera but I backed it up to Jan. :mad: ) One is the pond and waterfalls...popcicle sticks are holding plants till the water set..2nd is Mt. Union homes falling into place.

Smoke, you must have read my mind. :D I posted the other wpf thread 1 minute after you posted this one. Oh well, the other one just "went away". ;)

Here's my meager contribution...

Grande geep nudges a coal load into position.
234585019.jpg

Sharp lookin' hopper! Who makes it?

Hey Nate! It's a Roundhouse that we bought used at last weekends train show. I wish we had twenty more in that paint scheme! It got a light weathering job and was pressed into service in the Platte Canyon mining district.

Hey Nate! It's a Roundhouse that we bought used at last weekends train show. I wish we had twenty more in that paint scheme! It got a light weathering job and was pressed into service in the Platte Canyon mining district.

That'd make for a 'purdy' train. The orange end breaks up all the black quite nicely. I couldn't find anything quite like that on eBay...I'd imagine anyone who has them would want to keep them!

That'd make for a 'purdy' train. The orange end breaks up all the black quite nicely. I couldn't find anything quite like that on eBay...I'd imagine anyone who has them would want to keep them!

Yep, especially if ya put plenty of EMD goodness in Grande livery on the front. :cool:

Holy CRUD Ken thats a COOL shot!

BTW Smoke, thats actually a SD90/43MAC you got there, the SD90's have an angled hood over the engine and two stacks. Not that it matters.

Holy CRUD Ken thats a COOL shot!

BTW Smoke, thats actually a SD90/43MAC you got there, the SD90's have an angled hood over the engine and two stacks. Not that it matters.

I know but I was in a hurry to get to hockey practice and didn't have mch time to type the extra \43. Thanks for the heads up, but I did know that.

-Smoke

I know but I was in a hurry to get to hockey practice and didn't have mch time to type the extra \43. Thanks for the heads up, but I did know that.

-Smoke
Ok cool was just pointing it out. Can't wait to see more!

Back