Weekend Photo Fun!

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
It's a little early but let's do a long wpf (can ya'll tell I'm ready for the weekend?). Last weekend was the best wpf to date! Let's see your latest. ;)

Here's a shot taken last night of 3001 entering the mine yard.

114191761.jpg

Nice shot, the engines weathering looks justr right. Haven't seen you post that one yet? I need to get the camera out and take some today, I did do a video shot, not sure how I like it. May redo another one. Any chance we will see the Grande dead heading those new units into the yard?

Last edited by a moderator:
dthurman said:
Nice shot, the engines weathering looks justr right. Haven't seen you post that one yet? I need to get the camera out and take some today, I did do a video shot, not sure how I like it. May redo another one. Any chance we will see the Grande dead heading those new units into the yard?

I'd like to see your video when you get it worked out!

The new units will be along soon. The FT's are being detailed (handrails), and have to be weathered. The GP40's fuel tank needs to be reworked (thanks for reminding be to get JB weld today) and the new P2K GP20 should be here today!

Right now, we need about 5 more decoders. :) Mo money... :D

Well if I have time this weekend, I'll takes some pictures of my new benchwork. Its official, I now have a layout! For now, however, I must go work on my 1:1 scale SD9...

NWR #200 said:
Well if I have time this weekend, I'll takes some pictures of my new benchwork. Its official, I know have a layout! For now, however, I must go work on my 1:1 scale SD9...

Congrats on the layout! I wanna go to work with you. :)

Okay, trying the file manage feature for thumbnails.

Here are some pictures I just took, I did these last night real quick for weathering and detailing. The IHB flat I painted the decking a wood color and added some rust, the BN hopper I did some chalk dusting, the PRR is my first attempt at a rust bucket, hoping to add a white line and bad order/send it to the scrapper ;)

You know, I miss the days when it was Sunday Photo Fun. I could count on when the posts would go up and I would work all weekend to get this or that project done so I could get my post in before midnight.

Now I feel that it doesn't really matter that I can post on Mid-week or Weekend or Early Mid Week or Pre-Early Mid week. So I put off working on the projects.

I work much better on deadline. I would love to go back to just Sundays Photo Fun.

Ah Chip, no biggie (is that how you spell it?) I saw Eric's post and just grabbed the camera and shot them, uploaded and was done in a matter of 5 minutes :) Isn't digital great!

We usually post wpf on Fri night or afternoon. I though some members viewing the thread at work might get fired up to take some pics tonight. Chip, we'll wait till Sunday on your pics and look forward to them. :)

grande man said:
We usually post wpf on Fri night or afternoon. I though some members viewing the thread at work might get fired up to take some pics tonight. Chip, we'll wait till Sunday on your pics and look forward to them. :)

LOL! Thanks, you're a real pal.

David, I love the weathering! The rust is very convincing. You're one of the few N scalers that I can't tell they're N just by looking at the photos. You do a great job with some tiny trains.

We could call this Weekend photo fun With special sunday guest ( Spacemouse )
would that work for you Chip?

Nothing to post sorry MDF ville is pretty boring.

Ken.

NZRMac said:
We could call this Weekend photo fun With special sunday guest ( Spacemouse )
would that work for you Chip?

A person can't get a decent whine in anymore without everyone jumping in.

(Now I have to come up with a photo of something I've done. Sheesh.)

SpaceMouse said:
You know, I miss the days when it was Sunday Photo Fun. I could count on when the posts would go up and I would work all weekend to get this or that project done so I could get my post in before midnight.

Now I feel that it doesn't really matter that I can post on Mid-week or Weekend or Early Mid Week or Pre-Early Mid week. So I put off working on the projects.

I work much better on deadline. I would love to go back to just Sundays Photo Fun.

I hearby declare the formation of the OSSMPF... The Only on Sunday Space Mouse Photo Fun.

A dedicated and unwavering, hard lined, HIGH preasure deadline just for Chip.

Chip we need to have those photos on our desks by Sunday!

;) How's that for a deadline?

and we olny jump on a decent whine because we.. hrmmm well not so much care as.. ummm like to tease?

GrandpaCoyote said:
I hearby declare the formation of the OSSMPF... The Only on Sunday Space Mouse Photo Fun.

BUT now we expect a Coyote picture, Chip has been given a bye, but no one said you are off the hook ;) :D

Grandeman, nice shot and a very detailed loco, you must have a good camera to catch that much detail, mines an Oympus C120, it's only 2mp so you are very limited to what you can take
Nice pictures David, i love the look of the BN hopper, another 30 or so of them would fit in very nice on my layout, this is a shot i posted on the MR forum a while ago, it's a VERY rusty Pennsy gondola
102594184.gif

this is a BN rib side hopper i did, it looks very well rolling by
101135771.gif

dthurman said:
BUT now we expect a Coyote picture, Chip has been given a bye, but no one said you are off the hook ;) :D

I'll dip my foot in plaster and take a pic of the mold just for you David :p

GrandpaCoyote said:
I'll dip my foot in plaster and take a pic of the mold just for you David :p

You do have that menu you could post. The one with Mr. Price? That was yours wasn't it?

The foot cast may start rumors of some sort. Best we not start any yet
:p

Steve

I like that gondola! Are there any other shots. That is one of my projects, to get a nice beatup and rusted gondola that looks like it's earning it's keep.

Back