Weekend Photo Fun!

[ATTACH=full said:
110413[/ATTACH]

What's the story with the wreck at the bottom here??
Looks like the work of a former hogger on the NY&W RR before he was booted off the boards! :eek:

Great pics at anyrate! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Old 97 said:
What's the story with the wreck at the bottom here??
Looks like the work of a former hogger on the NY&W RR before he was booted off the boards! :eek:

Great pics at anyrate! :D

Old97

You bring up a neat idea, having a story area, not so much the virtual layout tour, but a section where you post pictures and give a story along with them. I know many do add a snip or two to the pictures, but I can see it almost a railfan journal type thing. Hmmm.

dthurman said:
Old97

You bring up a neat idea, having a story area, not so much the virtual layout tour, but a section where you post pictures and give a story along with them. I know many do add a snip or two to the pictures, but I can see it almost a railfan journal type thing. Hmmm.

I've always enjoyed telling a quick story to go with a posted picture. :D

I think it just adds to the whole model railroad scheme of things ;) Just like weathering, operations etc. I think it has a place...

Great pics, everyone! Rex, I love the engine servicing facility.

Here's a couple of our latest. We've been working on trains all day. The Stewart FT's are running. They've got a Digitrx decoder, handrails/grab irons added, weighted B unit, and a weathering job. There were some derailment issues until I realized the wheels weren't correctly guaged, but they run perfectly now. From the pics, I can see some handrails that need a minor tweek, they look fine on the layout. I've also got to get some windshield wipers for the A and add the road number to the sides.

FT's south of town headed for Platte Canyon.
114352994.gif

And entering the mine yard.
114352930.jpg

Here's the CB&Q GP20, an older P2K model with no Dcc plug. That dates it a bit. ;) It's new though and needs "the works". A good weathering job will do wonders for it (it did for the Stewarts). Three of the four axle gears were cracked straight from the box!!! I've already swapped them out, no biggie. It also had some out of guage wheels. Of course, when the gears were replaced, that was an easy fix.

114353030.jpg

They sent those units to you guys filthy ;)

Nice shots, what's the story with the Burlington? You guys leasing some additional power?

dthurman said:
They sent those units to you guys filthy ;)

Nice shots, what's the story with the Burlington? You guys leasing some additional power?

CB&Q (C&S) ran on the Joint Line. In fact, at one point, the C&S had actual trackage into the mountains west of Sedalia. I'm not sure what dates it was operated though.

Basically, the idea is to have a few ATSF and CB&Q trains making runs thru the scenes on their trip between staging yards. You know, to add color and interest to the RR. As you might have guessed by now though, we're primarily interested in Grande operations. ;) Naw, no one would have guess that. :D

BTW, drilling all those #80 holes in the FT's was a little tedious. :eek: I may take a break before the new GP40 gets the fuel tank fixed and MU hoses added...

Looking good grandeman! Looks like you're getting the HP to move your trains now! I wish I had the space to do what you're doing! I just sit here an watch my units collect dust on the shelves.

jbaakko said:
Looking good grandeman! Looks like you're getting the HP to move your trains now! I wish I had the space to do what you're doing! I just sit here an watch my units collect dust on the shelves.

Thanks Josh. If you're ever in the Birmingham area, we'll run a few!

Grande man;

Like those Stewarts!!! :D Here are some pix of the set I got for some prototype photos. They were taken by Jack Mcgraw, one of our club members. They are of their "maiden voyage". My camera had just died as I put them on the track for their "official portrait". :mad:

They do run smooth though, almost as good as my steamers do!!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• F72.jpg
    F72.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 259
grande man said:
Thanks Josh. If you're ever in the Birmingham area, we'll run a few!
Doubt I'll ever get my arse down there! I hope to giev em a breaking in on the Tehachapi layout in the San Diego Model Railroad Musuem down at Balboa park, here in SD. But I want to finish enough units to pull a good sized train.

Wpf..........

Here's a pic of CSX #1114 switching out Wagner Mills on the western end of the NY&W RR.
#1114 is being leased by the NY&W to help deal with the sudden influx of rail traffic in this region.

Old 97 said:
Here's a pic of CSX #1114 switching out Wagner Mills on the western end of the NY&W RR.
#1114 is being leased by the NY&W to help deal with the sudden influx of rail traffic in this region.
CSX! :cool:

Here's how I shot my photo entry in this month's photo contest, of my F7 night shot:

F7NightHowto.png

I took this photo with another digital camera. The room lights were out during the contest photo shoot, so the just the three mini flashlights with white LEDs were lighting the model.

Eric--those Rio Grande FT's are just beautiful!! I always thought the earlier Rio Grande diesel paint scheme was really distinctive (though I like Grande Gold and Silver, too). Nice weathering and photo--I'm salivating.
Tom

Hi Bob, a very useful short course in model photography. By geepers I believe I'll order some of those white LEDs Thanks for posting your method. BTW that's a terrific and nteresting model, yep I really like it
Gotta love all the great photos and subject matter this week. It's still raining here and my camera is out in the car. Guess I'll have to be brave :D and go get it. Just decaling my GP9 this weekend will probably be the end of the week before it's finished.
13.gif
Willis

originally posted by josh

Ever think of making shelves around your room for a layout thats what I'm in the middle of with some remodeling of the room . Now I'm doing O gauge but take a look .

dd20c872.png

79415d26.png

*ducks in under the wire*

Phew.. made it barely..

Here is my converted Woodland Scenics Pickup now all finished

Back