Weekend photo fun November 11th & 12th

Hello all,

Paul: how did you do that!. I have to confess:eek: : When I first saw the pictures from last week how you modelled your "hills" with paper I thought...mmmmh only just paper. But now when I watch the pictures you posted I turned 180'!!(To me: Do not judge till everythingis (almost) ready:) )
Rex: Like the composition. But what is the function of the small building/shop in the midlle. I think it looks better if it is placed on the left side of the building left. than it looks like if the factoty is more impressive.
To me it looks like if there is told a part of the history of that Factory/industie: They started in the right front building and they expand buisnises with a "new" one (Building) at the background and after that that need more space for the administration?(paperwork) fot their produkts, that's why the small building was placed?.....Just a thought:)
Harry: that's a great job in scale Z!!A friend of mine is now making a layout in scale Z. It's so small!! so: "HUT AB FÜR DICH!!!" and very rocky rocks!
Ray: litlle by little...piece by piece your "shaping your layout...Like the road from the tunnel going... down
Jeff: great you can expand/extend? your layout!
The construction beneath it is very riscky, like a real adventure:D
My contribution is very small : just a larch tree I've tried to make...( N scale 5 inches/12 cm)

Jos

Last edited by a moderator:
Grove Den, love your trees. Very well done as usual!

Rex, actually tortioses move very slowly so they stay put very well. ;) LOL Getting them lined up properly was very easy. I am using some old code 100 rail from track I have removed from service when I got back into the hobby, soldered piano wire bent to a 90° angle to one end, drilled a hole in the rail on the other end to attach to the wire from the torti bent to shape, lined it up so everything was cetered and screw down the three screws on the assembly into the pine board. connected the wireing to the terminal strip and whalla..... she works like a charm!:D

Jos i did have a plan but it's gone out the window, it's more of a build it as you go approach, nice tree BTW
Jeff after looking at your pic it makes my garage look OK after all,,, Work in progress i call it, it's looking good Jeff

Jos: The small building/store in the middle was something Walthers added to this kit and was intended to be a company store. It is actually one of their single kits called "Jim's Repair Shop" (933-3527). I probably will not use it in the final positioning of this industry unless it will be a lunch room or something. My plan is to enlarge the admin building (the two story) with a single story wing w/loading docks going out of its left side. This is something they have done in their newer version of this kit. This should balance it out better. Hopefully, I will receive my additional modular parts next week. Thank you for your comments.:)

Ray: I had several places that I needed to do something like that, but rather than think it out I just modified the track design. I wish that I had done what you did. Nice engineering!

Hi all Truly awespme work everyone. Jos those hills were made with underlay of newspaper with brown shopping back over it then some white glue to stiffen it all up, two coats of paint then a layer of plaster of paris, Then a base coat of paint and some finishing touch up paint. Next will be foilage and trees for more realism. Eric thanks for the nice comment . My Amtrac fleet has really grown , Why idon't know but it seems like these deal keep coming up at the Train Shows . And the best part I really am trying to model the 50s & 60s LOL !

Wow it just keeps getting better!

Jos, nice job on that fall-colored Larch!:cool:

Paul, I look forward to seeing your hills covered with foliage!

Rex, that is a really neat kit, I remember seeing so many small factories like that along the C&O in southeastern Michigan. If I had the space for it on my layout I'd probably get one myself!

Harry, that's a fine-looking Z scale tunnel you've got there!

Ray, I see your pike extension is getting closer to the 'finish line' - hope you get plenty of time this winter to work on it!

Jeff, at least you have a valid excuse for your garage looking that way - my garage floor is barely visible even though I 'finished' my layout several months ago!:eek: THe rest of my family uses it as the Warehouse Of Last Resort...

Thanx everybody for sharing and helping me stay interested...

...Next weekend for the IB SD40-2 guys, having some decal issues...

Red semi's galore at my Wal*Mart now, gonna pick one up tomorrow.

Back