Weekend Photo Fun May 18-20 2007

Ken they look great! Jos, I don't mind, lol at first I didn't get it, until I read your reply!

Great weekend guys!

Wow, alot of great stuff has been posted here since my last visit - nice work everybody!

Josh your tower is really coming together nicely! One thing's for sure, anybody who sees it on your layout will know it's not a Walther's cornerstone kit....:D

Shaun I always like seeing your DTI models.

Rex, where you finding all that extra real estate...are you planning to do like John T and make use of the Great Outdoors? :D BTW nice work, esp. the coal mine scene

NZKen, those Norscot models are great aren't they? I'm planning to get some of those myself after I finish buying and installing the ~20 decoders I still need to install. Until then, I'll have to make-do with my Kibri stuff...

Jos, Your trees are looking good-as-ever!

Here's a shot of my recently-completed coaling tower about to fuel up a BLI heavy Mike:
07-05-13%20Finished%20Coaling%20Tower%20in%20Laurel%2002.JPG

Mark that's a great picture, be good to see it in daylight, the detail is very impressive
Jos AKA Josh Whooops
Ken When my draglines done, can i hire the loading shovel.

Zephyr is right, our friend's (Don Meeker) layout is incredible! Here are some shots of the modern-day New York Central:

highbridge2.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

This train is pulling some 17 Trinity 2-bay cement hoppers that I decaled for NYCS this week:

IMG_7043.jpg

Needless to say, butterflies ran rampant in my stomach as the train crossed this bridge:

IMG_7042.jpg

Can't you just hear the wheels squeeling!?

highbridge1.jpg

SD80MAC!

highbridgecloseup.jpg

SD80MAC-SD90MAC-SD70MAC (diversity in motion!) crossing the Grand River bridge.

grandriverbridge3.jpg

grandriverbridge2.jpg

More cement hoppers!

cementhoppersbridge.jpg

Big city:

IMG_7052.jpg

That's the best bridge model I've ever seen. Great Job!

NYC_George

^ haha, wish I could take credit for the bridges. But alas, they were built by my friend Don Meeker.

I can, however, take credit for the modern NYCS horsepower and the train it was pulling. I don't have a layout of my own, as I live in a small apartment, so the only way I can run my trains is by going to clubs or other people's layouts.

Mark that's a great picture, be good to see it in daylight, the detail is very impressive
Jos AKA Josh Whooops
Ken When my draglines done, can i hire the loading shovel.

Thanks, Steve, but in daylight it isn't all that impressive. No scenery around it. It did come out looking alright, though - it's the Walthers wood coaling tower in HO with some weathering and lighting added. Other than that and a thinner thread than they supplied for rigging, it's per the instructions (though I did change the order a bit on a few steps).

But here it is in daylight anyway:
07-05-13%20Finished%20Coaling%20Tower%20in%20Laurel%2004.JPG

Great Grove den I will also have to try this on some test track.

Thank you all guys for the great pictures of your mrr work ( and mrr in progress!! ):)
I am still working to make a lot( 500) of trees in HO( order from an foreighn country:eek: :) )
Made a picture today of a small part of it...+ detailphoto...

btw: Johntealon: May be an idea to make water ( outside) in OO scale for your layout: http://www.modellmarine.de/phpwebsite/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=143&MMN_position=228:228
It is written in german language but the pictures will show you very clearly what and how to do it
The results are incredable!!!
Going back to the basement and contignue to make the other 380 trees...

Jos

That's still a very impressive building, it'll look fantastic when the scenic stuff's done, chears Mark

I can, however, take credit for the modern NYCS horsepower

Kudoz! Absolutely fabulous paintscheme on these modern loco's. IMHO there are no better looking wide nose units.
Darn...I can't afford a NYC modern EMD in my Southern Pacific 1980's fleet...

Regards,

René

Back