Weekend Photo Fun June 3 and 4 2006

REX, Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!:D:D

Steve, No fair, :rolleyes:.
Used to see scenes like that all the time back when SRR had a program, but due to liability risks, not anymore.:(

Gman, Good shots, night scenes are getting better!:D Still looking for a technique, huh? John Allen used to shoot his night scenes using black light. Why not try that if you hadn't already.

Cjcrescent said:
Gman, Good shots, night scenes are getting better!:D Still looking for a technique, huh? John Allen used to shoot his night scenes using black light. Why not try that if you hadn't already.

CJ, check these out. I've still got a long way to go, but am having fun!

152984740.jpg

152984753.gif

Ah, I really like those last two, getting better all the time, practice make perfect they say. Starting to look downright real.

GAPPLEG said:
Ah, I really like those last two, getting better all the time, practice make perfect they say. Starting to look downright real.

Thanks. The second one was done just for fun. It needs some interior lights in the station. The "train" coming toward the veiwer is just me holding the LED flashlight pointed at the camera.

Hey, even if its an LED flashlight it works! Has that aspect of, "Whats coming". I just wanna know what railfan on your layout was standing in the tracks with a train coming.

I agree your getting better all the time. Keep practicing we enjoy the results

:EDIT Hey Grande ... I hope you dont mind but im using one of your pics as the background on my desktop. Looks good on there..

Last edited by a moderator:
grande man said:
Thanks. The second one was done just for fun. It needs some interior lights in the station. The "train" coming toward the veiwer is just me holding the LED flashlight pointed at the camera.

HEY THAT'S CHEATING!!!! :mad:

Nice work guys. Night shots? I guess I should spend more time taking pictures and less time building my layout. Good work G-man.

Well, I have a church I've been working on for 4 weeks now. I have about two hours of touch up and then I'll take some pictures and post them. Believe it or not, I figure I have 6 to 8 hours just in painting the exterior walls--that's each. Photos soon.

Eric: You are getting the hang of it. Both shots are very good. Keep it up.
(an LED flashlight...it gives the special effects very well doesn't it?)

Chip: Looking forward to seeing the Church.

Nah Chip I wouldnt worry about that. When I first started doing car shows competitivly, id worry and fuss over every little detail that nobody would ever notice, but to me, the builder, they stood out like a sore thumb with its own neon sign pointing the way.. Just rember as long as your happy with how it looks, and how it looks on the RR thats what matters

Hey Gang: My first post here, great pics everyone. The night shots are really cool.. Here's my fist attempt at taking pics outside. hope this works.
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
chessie4155 said:
Hey Gang: My first post here, great pics everyone. The night shots are really cool.. Here's my fist attempt at taking pics outside. hope this works.
Mark
HOLY COW thats SWEET, outdoors I suppose? It looks so real!

Mark: I have always thought about rigging something up and doing that. Nothing like natural lighting and the ability to change backgrounds. I agree with Josh about it looking so real...and sweet.

Back