Weekend Photo Fun Apr 25 -28, 2008

Jerome, you are finding some of the most oddball pieces of junk to model. You'll never have to worry about someone showing up with the same model as yours. :D Nice job on the models so far.

Jim, thank you very much. But all of the CSX ones are for a man in Virginia. He likes wrecks and damaged engines. I've only kept 2 damaged engines for myself.

The big hook for the MGRy.

P1010008-14.jpg

P1010011-13.jpg

I know the weekend is over, but thought I'd try one more from Photobucket and see if I could get past the 'link' problem. If it turns out, it's my 1949 Royal Gorge pulling out of South Yuba Canyon, heading east. The 2-10-2 passing on the upper-level Westbound main is just coming down from a helper assignment on Yuba Summit. It's my old PFM 'basket case' that kitbashed from a $25 Santa Fe from a swap meet about 20 years ago. The loco pulling the Royal Gorge is a Key model--runs like a Swiss watch, hauls like a team of VERY fast oxen.

DSC02165-1.jpg

Tom

Nope, I'm STILL doing something wrong. Any ideas, guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom

Nope, I'm STILL doing something wrong. Any ideas, guys?
DSC02165-1.jpg

Tom, look at the URL's you're posting. For the image code to work, it MUST end in .jpg, .gif, or in some cases, .tiff, .bmp...

All I did was remove "?t=1209495374" from the end. By the way, photobucket SHOULD have a line that says "IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards", copy that one, and paste it as they have it (i.e. don't use a 2nd img tag). See my attached image for more info. The same line exists for the photos thumbnail in your photobucket gallery, so your really don't even need to open the full photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh--

Thanks a lot for the help. Really appreciate it. I was so used to the old Picture Trail uploading onto the sites that I thought they all worked the same.

Tom :eek:

Tom, they all do work sort of the same, however photobucket's site coding will mess you up.

Tome, nice shot once Josh finally got it up. Photobucket is really easy...just that last URL like Josh showed, paste it here, and you're in.

Dave, nice start on that MEC engine. Now you just have to drill all those holes for grab irons. :)

Jeffrey, nice mood in that picture. What kit is the building that has the VW bus parked in front of?

Thanks, Jeffrey, I thought it was that coal company. I've been looking at that kit for a kitbash into a fire station. Does the arched opening have a back wall or is a drive through?

It's a drive through design. A back wall could be added quite easily.

I went to Alexandria today. While there I hit Hare's Art and Hobby, picked up an Athearn rtr Rail-box boxcar and a Digitrax DZ143PS decoder (He had ordered some for a customer and had gotten one too many), Hobby Lobby, picked up a Bachmann Silver Series UP (that's gonna change pretty quick) gondola, and Micheal's, I picked up two 0.50 oz bottles of powdered pigment (sunny yellow and white).

I got two new cars today.

The first is a rtr Athearn RailBox boxcar that I picked up at Hare's Art and Hobby in Alexandria.

P1010003-50.jpg

The second is a Bachmann Silver Series UP gondola that I picked up at Hobby Lobby, also in Alexandria.

P1010004-41.jpg

Nice acquisition Jeffrey. I've seen the Railbox car a few times at the LHS here too. Good loooing car.

Back