WeekEND Photo FUN 9-15 to 9-17 2006!

Zephyr

Rocket Red
This is a true fun weekend for me! I started it out right by running trains at the club last night and will be taking an Amtrak trip this weekend. Only Denver to Omaha and back, but it will be nice to ride the rails!

I just finished an RDC project. I used old Athearn RDCs, which aren't scale size (72' instead of 85'). I rebuilt the engine in the powered unit with a gearing kit, but I don't think it will work. Here are a couple photos of just the dummy unit. In sum, I am going to redo this project with scale size RDCs, perhaps using Life Like.

img6008wc2.jpg

img6012gr3.jpg

The main event tonight was running my new Broadway Limited Santa Fe 4-8-4 Northern, #3751! This was a crowd pleaser.

img6037fy8.jpg

img6040hb3.jpg

img6043jd9.jpg

img6044up7.jpg

My new executive fleet consists of 5 cars; I hope to get 2-4 more to stretch it out a bit.

img6003fu2.jpg

img6004hh1.jpg

Enjoy!

SWEET, and a great start to the weekend! I almost forgot today was Friday. I guess I'll have to post pics of the SD50F & TTJX flat again.

Is it just me or did you lose something, twice...?

Thanks, David, Steve, and Josh. Josh, you are right, I did lose something - my Bachman EZ-Mate couplers kept uncoupling the entire night, just like the video shows. I should have learned my lesson before to replace them with Kadees before taking them to the club...

I hate these things!

605745.jpg

Nice video - how did you take it, capture it and convert it?

Also, do you have some sort of template you use for painting on the warbonnets - you've done quite a few on some very unconventional power and they look very good.

My input for the week. Good pics everyone
This one is of the church and Red River Diesel
DSC03617.jpg

This is one of a lawn mower repair servece I built some time ago and lately I put a fence and concrete around it
DSC03611.jpg

You all may remember the lumber shed
DSC03616.jpg

The old jail, Better be good while driving through town. This man was cought throwing a gum wrapper out the car window!!!!
DSC03619.jpg

As always, Enjoy your weekend

Comeone Zephyr get those Kadee #58's! Or you could be the oddball and switch to Sergents.

Excellent pix so far!:cool: I haven't found any photo-worthy models of my own to contribute though (I'm rewiring some yard turnouts), maybe next week?

Zephyr, your kodachrome units look spectacular! I wasn't able to view your video for some reason though, I'll try it again later from my home 'putor...

Mike, it certainly doesn't appear that the guy in your bottom photo will be enjoying his weekend a whole lot!:D

Nice work everyone,

Here's what i have done in the last few days, i have saved some of the key parts of benchwork like the gate and both sides of the benchwork to secure it, i have had to span an additional 3' gap, this is the section you can see here, the grain store is set lower than the main line so you have to go down a slope to gain access to it, should look good when it's done, the track is laid direct onto the MDF here as it will be burried in dirt and weed's
187668247.gif

This is the scratch built grain store, it's made from all sorts of leftover's and PVc waste pipe
187668250.gif

and here on the main line is SP tunnel motor leaning into the steep grade
187668248.gif

Steve, that is a very nicely weathered tunnel motor. It appears to be an SD40T-2 - is it the Athearn model?

Yes Jeff, i got a pair, the others a Rio Grande but i don't want GM getting to excited as it's only saturday;)

LOL, you did't make the text small enough there Steve. Sheesh well never mind the FORUM didn't allow you to make it small enough!

And here's theRio Grande

Ha Ha,, not yet GM

This is a bridge which used to go over the Lancashire & yorkshire railway line from Adlington to Standish many years ago, the bridge constructions pretty strange, you have girders and brickwork in between, i say bridge but it's realy an aquaduct carrying the Leed's Liverpool canal
187747156.gif

You can see the steel rivited plates on the underside and blue engineering brick filling in between the ironwork, it dates back well over 100 years, there are quite a few leaks dripping down
187747173.gif

And how about this for Fungus in the damp undergrowth
187747168.gif

And this is in a stone arch tunnel which run's under the canal, lord it was a damp smelly hole today
187749552.gif

Ooohhhhh, that was cold, Steve.:D

No new modeling pics from us, but here's a couple of 1:1 scale from the CSX this afternoon. ;)

187831107.gif

187831095.gif

Back