Weekend Photo Fun 9-12/9-15

The net result of installing all those tortoise machines and electrical wiring is that the yard area will go from looking like this:

HopewellJunction06w.png

To something like this (first shot is at f8, second is at f29. Both were taken with a canon 100mm Macro/medium telephoto lens):

TargetStand02w.png

TargetStand03w.png

Hopefully the little people on the layout can throw the scale ones a bit more easily.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok.....first with the display cases.

I removed one of my 4x6 cases and replaced it with a stored 4x8 case. I need to find the correct panes of glass, and when I do, i will install the doors.

This new case is for all of the WCTR and related railroads' equipment. As shown in the second pic, my current diesel case is loaded, and we needed to get a larger area to store stuff...

DSC09884.png

DSC09885.png

AND...the WCTR hosted it's annual Steam Extravaganza this last weekend!! Very exciting weekend for everyone. Of course, I had to sell the tickets, wash the cars, be engineer, fireman, brakeman, conductor, AND I had to dispatch the train. So, of course, I was the only railfan to see it there...:D

steam.png

Showcased on the train was our new axillary tender...Made when we scrapped the 4449...

DSC09883.png

enjoy!

Phil

Here's the newest addition to my fleet. an Atlas GP40. According to what I've been able to dig up on it, this model is around 20 years old and still runs great.

P1010140.jpg

Ok.....first with the display cases.

I removed one of my 4x6 cases and replaced it with a stored 4x8 case. I need to find the correct panes of glass, and when I do, i will install the doors.

This new case is for all of the WCTR and related railroads' equipment. As shown in the second pic, my current diesel case is loaded, and we needed to get a larger area to store stuff...

DSC09884.png

DSC09885.png

AND...the WCTR hosted it's annual Steam Extravaganza this last weekend!! Very exciting weekend for everyone. Of course, I had to sell the tickets, wash the cars, be engineer, fireman, brakeman, conductor, AND I had to dispatch the train. So, of course, I was the only railfan to see it there...:D

steam.png

Showcased on the train was our new axillary tender...Made when we scrapped the 4449...

DSC09883.png

enjoy!

Phil

those are some serious display cases. If I had a large enough basement or room i'de rock one of those. And im loving those maersk well cars!

once a while posting

I keep trying make it fun by doing Thai freight car; resin-fiberglass work.
Hope making a dozen but there are no roof and no door now.:confused: :eek:

P_POP good to see you again! You are doing some very good work, sir. Keep sharing with us as often as you are able.

I went to the International N Gauge Show (UK) today - here's a couple of snaps I took of one of the US layouts that were there.

2856533312_d3787896da.jpg

2856536628_2df1d47f87.jpg

2856539954_22f5745801.jpg

and two "end shots" of a UK layout. Just loved how they did this:
2855714367_44a257648f.jpg

2856543374_6f303efd49.jpg

The Atlas shell has been repainted and is now in MGRy colors. I still have to resinstall the windows and number boards. Here the shell is sitting on a Bachmann frame while it dries.

P1010142-2.jpg

P1010144-2.jpg

awesome video!!! I watched it earlier when i checked my subscription updates on youtube.

Boilerbuster, what brand bridge is that?

Those bridges are brass. I got them from uncle daves brass on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/UNCLE-DAVES-BRASS-MODEL-TRAINS_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

You will find several listed here. they do cost alot more than the Plastic ones but I have no complants about them they are nice bridges

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-80-FOOT-D...78178QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

those are some serious display cases. If I had a large enough basement or room i'de rock one of those. And im loving those maersk well cars!

I have 2 4x6s, 1 3x6, and 5 4x8 cases. I got them from a local "Model Railroad Museum" when they had an auction earlier this year. The 4x6 case probably has 1/3 of my engines in it now...

Well, the Maersk Promotional Train is something to featured sometime later. I have the "RARE" (makes me wonder sometimes...) GP60M that was made by Athearn, and 3 sets of those Maxi I cars. As you can see, there are only 2 sets there. And to finish the train, a CCS ATSF caboose.

I currently have enough containers for one set of Maxis, and enough for a single level set on two Maxis. When I get them all ordered, I'll show it off...:D

Phil

I also did a little change to one of my MRC collectors locos (now theres one less of the 2500), but I like the way it looks. Maybe one day I'll get around to putting the handrails and details on them.
I changed one of them from an SP bloody nosed unit to a NS unit, without changing the rest of the loco, other than the rear to also look like an NS unit.
heres a link to the large image of them:dual_mrc_s

dual_mrc_s.jpg

A trio of GP40's heads for the west siding to pick up a string of cars. Two as yet unnumbered MGRy units with KCS 4740 bringing up the rear.

P1010147.jpg

I had this Centralia Car Shops IC caboose, and had the idea to letter it for fellow forum members Jeromes' railroad, the Aurora and Portland. After all, the A&P is a subsidiary of the IC...

DSC09891sized.png

Phil

Great pictures, everyone. I was far too busy this weekend to take any pictures of my own and I'm too late in the thread to comment on each picture. Just love to see all the things eveyone is doing and working on.

Those bridges are brass. I got them from uncle daves brass on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/UNCLE-DAVES-BRASS-MODEL-TRAINS_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

You will find several listed here. they do cost alot more than the Plastic ones but I have no complants about them they are nice bridges

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRASS-80-FOOT-D...78178QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

thanks. they do look nice. and uncle daves i believe is not to far from my mothers house.

I have 2 4x6s, 1 3x6, and 5 4x8 cases. I got them from a local "Model Railroad Museum" when they had an auction earlier this year. The 4x6 case probably has 1/3 of my engines in it now...

Well, the Maersk Promotional Train is something to featured sometime later. I have the "RARE" (makes me wonder sometimes...) GP60M that was made by Athearn, and 3 sets of those Maxi I cars. As you can see, there are only 2 sets there. And to finish the train, a CCS ATSF caboose.

I currently have enough containers for one set of Maxis, and enough for a single level set on two Maxis. When I get them all ordered, I'll show it off...:D

Phil

still need to pick up a case myself. found one on ebay but never ordered it.

I got several items in the mail today. An envelope with several Athearn caboose chimney pipes in it and a box containing two freight cars. A unmarked gondola and an unmarked covered hopper.

Here's the gondola
P1010183.jpg

And here's the covered hopper
P1010181.jpg

Here's how I make the center of a railroad crossing. I set pieces of waxed dress shoestring against the inside edges of the rails then use bits of modeling clay to close the ends and to hold the string in place.
P1010170.jpg

I then use a 2 inch plastic putty knife to apply some wallboard joint compound in the space between the strings.
P1010174.jpg

After the compound has set I pull the strings out and instant flangeways. They'll look better once they're trimmed and painted.
P1010178.jpg

I also did a straight one.
P1010176.jpg

And I put in a couple of road sections.
P1010193.jpg

P1010192.jpg

The new gondola is already being put to use. It has a load of some very heavy concrete wall sections.
P1010188.jpg

Back