Weekend Photo Fun 8/4/06-8/6/06

Cjcrescent

Master Mechanic
I hadn't started this in a while so here goes.

Setup a "backdrop" to hide the mess but here are some of my locos.

SRR949.jpg

SRR701.jpg

SRR5025.jpg

SRR5200.jpg

More later, including some inferna; combustin' locos

Nice CJ!!!:cool:

Here's a couple of our new shots...

GP7 helpers boost a Grande coal train thru Lehigh Gulch.
174425935.jpg

Speed shot. I'm not as good at it as MLW, but I'll keep working on it.
174425923.gif

Cjcrescent Excellent! Awesome loco and the weathering is perfect

grande man WOW! Your action shot is very cool and well done

Way to go guys:)

Here's some more::D

SRR1396.jpg

GM_O713.jpg

I know that GM&O never had any FA-2's but when I painted this one, I had access to some real old GM&O maroon lacquer. PLus the FA-1 wasn't available. I had been doing a lot of custom painting at the time and used most of the paint up. I had just enough to get this one done and no more.

GM_O1108.jpg

Original Atlas RS-1

ACC4601.jpg

This is one of two MDC harriman 4-6-0's I've had for many years. They have only been rebuilt about 10 times each with more detail added each time. This ones sister is in the shop now for another detail rebuild, and will come out looking the best it has in years. The valve gear on both is scratch built, using valve gear off of an old varney loco as a pattern.

Carey,great photos as always. Now how about showing me how to do that so I can post some of my stuff? You showed me once,but I forgot. William. PS,I thought you went to Texas this week-end.

L&N Castle said:
Carey,great photos as always. Now how about showing me how to do that so I can post some of my stuff? You showed me once,but I forgot. William. PS,I thought you went to Texas this week-end.

Sunday, I have to go back Sunday. Be gone til late Thursday.

Wow! Great start for the WPF post.
Very good photos CJ.
Eric: Conductor, "My whole life is going by in a blur
sad.gif
".
:D :D

Some pics from my layout

Boxcar emerging from the St-Lambert Tunnel & Highway overpass

200683214938_CN44.jpg

Sure wish I was actively modeling these days so I could have somehing to contribute - oh well, perhaps in a few months...

CJ - If those locos look as good as they do in the 'plain background' shots, I can't wait to see them on the 'Bama Central!

Eric - those action shots are great, I bet I can predict what the theme for the September photo contest will be...:D

MLW - nice work, I like the little guardposts between the railroad and the highway.

ATEX 0006!! (I know some members will remember this...[particularly the one who posted before me])

I started with two Life-like P2K 50' Single Door Boxcars, stock #21899.
View attachment 3741

Then I cut out the whole door section...
View attachment 3742

Using the 2nd car I cut a section of the wall out, to fill the gap. I used the left overs from the old door opening to provide support on the inside.
View attachment 3743

And to saw off the back portion for the deck. I guesimated it all, as I have no real prototype measurements.
View attachment 3744

I went with the 50' car, and now after looking at the pictures as I cut & build I think I should have gone with a 60' car. Oh well, live & learn, maybe someday in the future I'll make a new one, with a better starting point. And more research. More to come when I pick up some styrene sheets, so I can build this car & the Slug.

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice summer weather has taken away almost all of my train time. But I've been stealing some of it back this week and have almost finnished my CBC VIA F40. All I need to do is put a decoder in it and weather it!

CJ - Nice looking steamers. I love the weathering.

GM - Looks like you're all ready for this months photo contest!

MLW - I love that action shot of the 1108, I would never have guessed it could move that fast!

Cjcrescent said:

CJ,

I don't recall the Consol. Whose model is that one? And where's the MS-4? In your "stuff I gotta get done one of these days pile"?:D Did you ever finish the Southern Green Spectrum one we traded?, and then of course, there's the Allegheny:eek:So much to do! Locomotive work is like Kudzu. It spreads out and dominates everything:D Can't do that & bench work too I guess.

I'll post some of my own photos here eventually, but I can't seem to get nice big ones like yours to post. My best photos are too large for this format:mad: they won't upload because they're too large.

Hope you had fun in Texas, one of the few places where it gets hotter than B'ham:eek:

Espeefan said:
Cjcrescent said:

CJ,

I don't recall the Consol. Whose model is that one? And where's the MS-4? In your "stuff I gotta get done one of these days pile"?:D Did you ever finish the Southern Green Spectrum one we traded?, and then of course, there's the Allegheny:eek:So much to do! Locomotive work is like Kudzu. It spreads out and dominates everything:D Can't do that & bench work too I guess.

I'll post some of my own photos here eventually, but I can't seem to get nice big ones like yours to post. My best photos are too large for this format:mad: they won't upload because they're too large.

Hope you had fun in Texas, one of the few places where it gets hotter than B'ham:eek:

The Consol is from Overland, one of their early efforts. Had it since the late 1980's. Just been boxed.

Got the "green" Spetrum ready to strip, all I gotta do is blast it. The Allegheny needs a new pilot, I got one in that mess of parts I got off of E-bay a couple a years ago. I did the treatment to it and now you can't hear it move.:D

The Ms-4's are awaiting stripping and painting. I promised Roy Stewart I wouldn't finish those until I finished his locos. Only got 4 left out of 32. Thats installing DCC & Sound.

As too the pictures, sign up with one of the free hosting sites. I use Railimages. Don't want to do that, go to downloads.com and search for Irfanview. It will let you compress the jpegs down to a manageable level. Plus its free. All of the photos of mine imbedded in the text are about 30-50KB in size after compression by Irfanview on railimages.;)

Hope sez Lar! :D

Here's a couple more offa Railimages;

ACRR1022.jpg

SRR4258.jpg

This is a set of Stewarts sent to me for supplying Bowser with the prototype photos to paint these correctly. Still have to add the handrails etc to it, otherwise its stock.:eek:

Back